Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Welsh and Brantley

Welsh and Brantley

I reallylike Welsh on the radio and Brantley on TV. Hope it continues.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    I've noticed Brantley being a little less opinionated on tv....doesn't call it like he sees it nearly as much.

Re: Welsh and Brantley

I agree with you. I like how they change it up though. Variety is good.

Does Marty like Cowboy? I was listening on XM when Brantley first started and he corrected Marty on something and Marty went on a tirade with some f bombs.....not sure WLW aired it.....but XM sure did!

EMAW

Kinda tough gig on tv when the pbp guy also throws in opinions on everything

EMAW

Quote Originally Posted by Ironman92 View Post
    Does Marty like Cowboy? I was listening on XM when Brantley first started and he corrected Marty on something and Marty went on a tirade with some f bombs.....not sure WLW aired it.....but XM sure did!
    This sounds delightful, give examples, do tell, would love to see Cowboy kick father and son butts

EMAW

Quote Originally Posted by EMAW View Post
    This sounds delightful, give examples, do tell, would love to see Cowboy kick father and son butts

You cussed!

I cannot remember what it was about but I about wrecked the car when Marty started.....could not believe my ears.

Pretty good stuff.....but very diva-like from Marty.

You cussed!

I cannot remember what it was about but I about wrecked the car when Marty started.....could not believe my ears.

Pretty good stuff.....but very diva-like from Marty.
    You changed that quickly! Kudos

EMAW

Have heard Marty is about as much fun as an ant at a picnic, really unpleasant to be around and makes life miserable for the people who cross or disagree with him. A guy that is local (Steve Physioc) used to do Reds in 80's, not a lotta love for old Marty from former broadcasters!

EMAW

You changed that quickly! Kudos
    Getting quicker (without steroids) in old age, as of today I am 17,154 days old

Have heard Marty is about as much fun as an ant at a picnic, really unpleasant to be around and makes life miserable for the people who cross or disagree with him. A guy that is local (Steve Physioc) used to do Reds in 80's, not a lotta love for old Marty from former broadcasters!
    Physioc used to do some Cubs stuff? Was he the guy that used to sing the Anthem before the game as well?

My only dealing with Marty was about 10 years ago he passed us on 275 heading to the ball game. He passed us in a Gold Cherokee and I told my wife and grandma....I think that was Marty Brennaman that just passed us...I sped up like a creeper and caught up beside him and it was.....he smiled and waved knowing what we were doing.

I started a thread on another site after that XM happening asking if others heard it on WLW and they said it was just soundness blank time for about 10 seconds. WLW was outta reach so I heard it full blow on XM.....wish I could find proof or a replay.

The Smiling Side AintlifeGrande's Avatar

I thought about the thread on here about the anomosity between Thom and Welsh on tv.It must be true because I no longer hear Cowboy with Marty.I cant stand Marty and Welsh together.Thom must have asked Dad if he could have the Cowboy work tv with him.

ROLL TIDE ROLL!!

Quote Originally Posted by AintlifeGrande View Post
    I thought about the thread on here about the anomosity between Thom and Welsh on tv.It must be true because I no longer hear Cowboy with Marty.I cant stand Marty and Welsh together.Thom must have asked Dad if he could have the Cowboy work tv with him.
    Marty and Thom are the Banty Rooster and son.

EMAW

Physioc used to do some Cubs stuff? Was he the guy that used to sing the Anthem before the game as well?

My only dealing with Marty was about 10 years ago he passed us on 275 heading to the ball game. He passed us in a Gold Cherokee and I told my wife and grandma....I think that was Marty Brennaman that just passed us...I sped up like a creeper and caught up beside him and it was.....he smiled and waved knowing what we were doing.

I started a thread on another site after that XM happening asking if others heard it on WLW and they said it was just soundness blank time for about 10 seconds. WLW was outta reach so I heard it full blow on XM.....wish I could find proof or a replay.
    Steve Physioc (who now does Royals) came to Cincy from doing K-State games and tv in Topeka. He did Bearcats games, local tv sports, some Reds stuff. Later went to Angels and now back home to Royals. I think Wayne Messmer is the Cubs PA guy who used to sing the anthem?

Turn Off Ads?