Bruce RF
    Heisey LF
    Cairo 3B
    Hanigan C
    Arroyo P
    2014 Reds record: 1-2

I look like a banker in this...

Re: 6/3/12 - Reds at Houston

Wow, Cairo? Really?! Frazier hits bombs, Cairo hits nothing. Prove me wrong Grandpa Miguel!

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

You don't have to hit "bombs" in Houston. Mild pop ups leave that park. I've never understood that whole thing about GABP being such a hitters paradise...Minute Maid and that short porch is just such a joke.

I will admit that it's a beautiful ballpark and a great place to watch a game, but there are 3 things that just bug the hell out of me there. The Crawford boxes that are WAAAAAY too close/short, Tal's hill that's just an injury waiting to happen, and the flag pole in centerfield that's in play. Sure, they're "unique"...but not in a good way.

Let's take it to 'em fellas! Get out the BROOMS!!! :O)

I would've liked to have seen Devin get the start. Not only should he catch Bronson occasionally, but he was hitting absolute rocket shots over the walls (left AND right) in bp yesteday. Probably the most impressive of the Reds in bp.

If today is a repeat of last night, Bronson's going to need every edge possible. I'd like to see Mes in the lineup too, but now is not the time to get him chances at catching Arroyo. Make haste while the rest of the division is struggling.

It's my birthday. Get me a win, Reds!
    ...the 2-2 to Woodsen and here it comes...and it is swung on and missed! And Tom Browning has pitched a perfect game! Twenty-seven outs in a row, and he is being mobbed by his teammates, just to the thirdbase side of the mound.

Reds Fantasy Camp highlights! YEA!

Party like it's 1990 Blitz Dorsey's Avatar

No question Frazier needs a day off. He's getting up there in age at 26, and he probably got worn out running around the bases after jacking that HR yesterday. Cairo is definitely the smart start today.

[sarcasm off]

Quote Originally Posted by Blitz Dorsey View Post
    No question Frazier needs a day off. He's getting up there in age at 26, and he probably got worn out running around the bases after jacking that HR yesterday. Cairo is definitely the smart start today.

[sarcasm off]
    I'm not going to argue about who the better player is, I think it's obvious Todd is at this point. But if a player is on the roster, it only makes sense for that player to get the occasional start in order to stay somewhat in sync. Even if Cairo hasn't gotten there yet, he's got to play SOMETIME. IMO Dusty is very good about this. It's not about vet-love, it's about not putting a player to sleep to his detriment.

I'll go on record as never (well, hardly ever) understanding Dusty's lineup moves. He quotes lots of statistics, but I think he does it by the seat of his pants--how he feels that day--a hunch, so to speak. His love of veterans like Cairo and others means they will start at the expense of a better player. Maybe he'll retire? Nah, just kidding.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Astros lineup:

Schafer CF
    Altuve 2B
    F. Martinez RF
    J. Martinez LF
    Johnson 3B
    Wallace 1B
    Castro C
    Gonzalez SS
    Lyles P

Cozart strikes out swinging.

Stubbs grounds out to short.

In the last 20 games at the Astros park, Votto is hitting .494.

Votto walks.

Turn Off Ads?