Turn Off Ads?
Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: EURO 2012

Re: EURO 2012

What a mismatch Spain-Ireland was. I knew it would be uneven, but Spain made them look like amateurs in the second half. Spain is so good at finding that small crease on the defense and perfectly delivering a ball there.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

2. Turn Off Ads?

I am fascinated to see what England and France do today. Neither of them will win the tournament, but they are both absolute soap operas on a daily basis.
    Variatio delectat - Cicero

Charlie Brown All-Star IslandRed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by improbus View Post
    I am fascinated to see what England and France do today. Neither of them will win the tournament, but they are both absolute soap operas on a daily basis.
    Speaking of...

It's just possible that England's problems go beyond the hotel issue. It's possible, in fact, that England's problems go beyond the whole issue of England's physical existence. ... England is less interesting as a team than as a vision of sports media, the logical result of setting Stephen A. Smith loose in a hall of mirrors. Is this where the rest of us are heading? What happens when the conversation about the thing overwhelms the thing it's supposed to be a conversation about?
    http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/...al-soccer-team
    Reading comprehension is not just an ability, it's a choice

England vs. Sweden might have bee nthe game of the tournament. 2 goals from Mellberg? Welbeck had a truly great goal. I also like seeing Andy Carroll succeed. He is an old school English striker.

I thought the TV commentator's jabs on Carrol throughout the game were uncalled for and unprofessional. They had no place in the broadcast.

How in the heck did Ukraine beat Sweeden. Monday's games are the only ones I missed so I didn't see it. But either France is that good, or Ukraine is that bad. They did not look like a team that belonged on the same field today, even though it was still tied at half. And Sweeden looks to be a really good team. So how did they lose to Ukraine?

That cross by Gerrard was a think of beauty. And Welbeck's goal was stunning. I agree, that was a great game.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    I thought the TV commentator's jabs on Carrol throughout the game were uncalled for and unprofessional. They had no place in the broadcast.

How in the heck did Ukraine beat Sweeden. Monday's games are the only ones I missed so I didn't see it. But either France is that good, or Ukraine is that bad. They did not look like a team that belonged on the same field today, even though it was still tied at half. And Sweeden looks to be a really good team. So how did they lose to Ukraine?

That cross by Gerrard was a think of beauty. And Welbeck's goal was stunning. I agree, that was a great game.
    Probably the same way that Korea reached the semifinals in 2002.

As good as Russai looked the first game I'm really surprised to see them not advance.

Early goal for te Dutch. Somehow, they could still advance. Unbelievable.

The Dutch and Portuguese could each have around 3 or 4 goals, only 20 minutes in. This is the kind of game that can bring fans to soccer (not the games yesterday....)

Denmark 1 - Germany 1. It changes by the minute.

Ronaldo scores. Here we go. Both games are top notch.

Two things Ian Darke mentioned about the tournament so far that are interesting,
    1) No one has scored a Penalty.
    2) No game has ended 0-0.

The Dutch left their defense at home. It was just a matter of time. Portugal might score 4 times with that defense.

Portugal is an embarrassment to competitive athletics.

Dutch Epic Fail.

Turn Off Ads?