Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Cheap hotels in Cincy?

Senor Votto

Cheap hotels in Cincy?

Anyone have any recommendations for cheap hotels that are some what close to the GAPB?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Cheap hotels in Cincy?

Ask RBA for his "recommendation" of the Travel Lodge in Newport...
    2023 Reds record attending: 13-18 FINAL
    2023 Dragons record attending: 0-0 FINAL
    2023 Y'Alls record attending: 0-0 FINAL
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

Quote Originally Posted by KittyDuran View Post
    Ask RBA for his "recommendation" of the Travel Lodge in Newport...
    If you like people puking on your car from the second floor, black mold, and a sense that your room has been a crime scene on more than one occasion, by all means stay there. It is a place for the adventurous. Otherwise, use hotwire, priceline or some other service to see if you can score a downtown Cincinnati hotel at a discount. I've stayed at the Hyatt and the Millenium multiple times at really good rates.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

Quote Originally Posted by Yachtzee View Post
    If you like people puking on your car from the second floor, black mold, and a sense that your room has been a crime scene on more than one occasion, by all means stay there. It is a place for the adventurous. Otherwise, use hotwire, priceline or some other service to see if you can score a downtown Cincinnati hotel at a discount. I've stayed at the Hyatt and the Millenium multiple times at really good rates.
    I stayed there for the WS in 90. It was a dump then.
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

Watch out for bed bugs.

Never stayed there, but I've always heard The Garfield was a great place to stay fairly cheaply. It's downtown and around $100/night, and I've been told it's clean and comfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by BillDoran View Post
    Never stayed there, but I've always heard The Garfield was a great place to stay fairly cheaply. It's downtown and around $100/night, and I've been told it's clean and comfortable.
    Trying out the Garfield later this summer. The reviews run hot and cold, but for the most part they're good. I stayed at the Millennium many years ago after getting a great price on Expedia. It was fine, but I think much more pricey these days.

I guess this is a good thread to ask as well. Any recommendations for a decent public golf course in the area?
    "The players make the manager, it's never the other way." - Sparky Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by NJReds View Post
    Trying out the Garfield later this summer. The reviews run hot and cold, but for the most part they're good. I stayed at the Millennium many years ago after getting a great price on Expedia. It was fine, but I think much more pricey these days.

I guess this is a good thread to ask as well. Any recommendations for a decent public golf course in the area?
    Are you willing to venture about half hour from downtown?

http://www.stonelickhills.com/

is fairly new (mid 2000s), a lot of fun holes that can be attacked by cutting corners or challenging water hazards, an island 9th hold par 5, a reachable par 4 or 2, some long Par 3s. Great coarse about 5-10 minutes off the 275 beltway in the Milford area.

If you want to go a little further beyond that, Greg Norman has a nice couse,

http://www.elksrungc.com/sites/cours...080&page=64240

Its been a long while since I played it, they used to have an $85 play as many holes as you want price point. A ton of heather grass as well as (2) dual hold greens. A fun course, but you're looking at a 45+ min drive from downtown.

There's the norman course up by King's Island, sharon woods, crooked tree and a ton more. the Cincy area is one of the best areas for golf in terms of the number of public courses and the costs to play them on a regular basis. There's a lot of decent layouts that you can play for under $40 (nothing special mind you, but not complete goat patches). and a bunch more in the $40-$90 price point.

Quote Originally Posted by medford View Post
    Are you willing to venture about half hour from downtown?

http://www.stonelickhills.com/

is fairly new (mid 2000s), a lot of fun holes that can be attacked by cutting corners or challenging water hazards, an island 9th hold par 5, a reachable par 4 or 2, some long Par 3s. Great coarse about 5-10 minutes off the 275 beltway in the Milford area.

If you want to go a little further beyond that, Greg Norman has a nice couse,

http://www.elksrungc.com/sites/cours...080&page=64240

Its been a long while since I played it, they used to have an $85 play as many holes as you want price point. A ton of heather grass as well as (2) dual hold greens. A fun course, but you're looking at a 45+ min drive from downtown.

There's the norman course up by King's Island, sharon woods, crooked tree and a ton more. the Cincy area is one of the best areas for golf in terms of the number of public courses and the costs to play them on a regular basis. There's a lot of decent layouts that you can play for under $40 (nothing special mind you, but not complete goat patches). and a bunch more in the $40-$90 price point.
    Perfect advice. Thanks!
    "The players make the manager, it's never the other way." - Sparky Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by Yachtzee View Post
    I stayed there a couple of years ago, and while I had a clean room with only one slight problem--the lock on the outside door was broken--I talked to several others who had come for Reds' games that told me there were bugs in their room and their rooms weren't exceptionally clean. Given that and what I've read here, I decided not to visit there again.

btw, that same visit featured a stop at a fast food place in Newport where I listened to a couple of guys talk about all the crimes they had committed and future plans for similar activities. Don't know how typical that is, but I didn't go back to that section of town either.
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

Turn Off Ads?