Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Sunday, June 3, 2012 Minor League Updates-- Cingrani Starts today at Pensacola!!

Re: Cingrani Starts today at Pensacola!!

Lohman and Niko Vasquez have 2-run homers and Bakersfield leads 4-3 in the fourth.

Brackman has only one walk through four (4 K). That's good.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Cingrani Starts today at Pensacola!!

Hamilton stole his 62nd base of the season, after stealing second base. He's 1 - 3.

Bryson Smith had an error, but threw a runner out as well. Atonement, perhaps.

Theo Bowe erred for the sixth time this season as well. In 20 games. As an OF. Ouch.

Re: Sunday, June 3, 2012 Minor League Updates-- Cingrani Starts today at Pensacola!!

Cingrani's lack of secondary stuff is going to get him exposed in AA.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Re: Sunday, June 3, 2012 Minor League Updates-- Cingrani Starts today at Pensacola!!

Quote Originally Posted by The Rage View Post
    I am not sure that he lacks it, he just needs to rely on it more.

Quote Originally Posted by The Rage View Post
    That's what AA is for, though. He'll learn he has to use it to get these better hitters out and he'll become a better pitcher - or - he won't. I think maybe you're right for a bit at first but then I think he'll learn and adjust and like Doug said start relying on his secondary stuff to set guys up and learn to mix it up and make guys guess more.

He won't dominate the way he has, for sure. But I think he'll still do well in AA. That fastball explodes with late tailing action, and he seems to have good command with it. Will be interesting to see if the Reds can help him develop something secondary -- what he has looks pretty feeble, though I only saw 2-3 innings. Looked like some kind of breaking ball with little break, and he didn't throw it for strikes.

Quote Originally Posted by lollipopcurve View Post
    He won't dominate the way he has, for sure. But I think he'll still do well in AA. That fastball explodes with late tailing action, and he seems to have good command with it. Will be interesting to see if the Reds can help him develop something secondary -- what he has looks pretty feeble, though I only saw 2-3 innings. Looked like some kind of breaking ball with little break, and he didn't throw it for strikes.
    Hopefully he'll get beat up enough to be forced to learn that secondary pitch. Also he may soon get orders to throw it 30% of the time.

I was at the Bowling Green/Dayton game yesterday. Sean Buckley got ejected for arguing balls and strikes. He didn't realize he was ejected until after returning to the dugout. He then came back on the field after the umpire and threw his helmet in the middle of the field in the direction of the umpire. He looked like an idiot and he will probably be heavily fined.

In Buckley's defense, the umpire was horrible and was looking for a confrontation from both sides, all day.

Dayton made some great plays in the field included a catch at the wall by the centerfielder. He had to jump up against the wall and make the catch. Amazing play. The Dragons have no plate discipline at all. Bowling Green brought in the side armer to pitch and he couldn't throw a strike to save his life. The could have stood there and walked all day. Instead they ended up hitting into a double play.

Dayton won on this day, but Bowling Green is clearly a better team with better players. Josh Sale, Ryan Brett, and Jeff Malm are studs. Josh Sale is a beast. Cameron Seitzer is also on the Hot Rods and appears that he will be a decent bet to move quickly.

This is the first time I went to see the Hot Rods this year, but it's very easy to see why Tampa has a great organization. Over the last 4 years, Bowling Green has really gotten better players every year. I also met Ryan Brett's mom on Saturday and then saw her again Sunday. She's a very nice lady and she told us how Ryan signed with Gonzaga when he heard Taylor Swift may go there then, after being drafted, decided to go to the minors route instead.
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

Quote Originally Posted by Jpup View Post
    I was at the Bowling Green/Dayton game yesterday. Sean Buckley got ejected for arguing balls and strikes. He didn't realize he was ejected until after returning to the dugout. He then came back on the field after the umpire and threw his helmet in the middle of the field in the direction of the umpire. He looked like an idiot and he will probably be heavily fined.

In Buckley's defense, the umpire was horrible and was looking for a confrontation from both sides, all day.

Dayton made some great plays in the field included a catch at the wall by the centerfielder. He had to jump up against the wall and make the catch. Amazing play. The Dragons have no plate discipline at all. Bowling Green brought in the side armer to pitch and he couldn't throw a strike to save his life. The could have stood there and walked all day. Instead they ended up hitting into a double play.

Dayton won on this day, but Bowling Green is clearly a better team with better players. Josh Sale, Ryan Brett, and Jeff Malm are studs. Josh Sale is a beast. Cameron Seitzer is also on the Hot Rods and appears that he will be a decent bet to move quickly.

This is the first time I went to see the Hot Rods this year, but it's very easy to see why Tampa has a great organization. Over the last 4 years, Bowling Green has really gotten better players every year. I also met Ryan Brett's mom on Saturday and then saw her again Sunday. She's a very nice lady and she told us how Ryan signed with Gonzaga when he heard Taylor Swift may go there then, after being drafted, decided to go to the minors route instead.
    Josh Sale is a guy I really wanted the Reds to take in the 2010 draft. HS OF with huge upside at the plate- the exact same profile I'd like to see us go after tonight (and last year, with Josh Bell)...
    Go BLUE!!!

Turn Off Ads?