Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Trade Targets

Trade Targets

I see threads in the ORG about possible trades, i figured i would start a thread so we could all contribute.

Honestly, i think bruce is the 4 hitter and going and getting one is pointless. So, i think a leadoff hitter is the most useful to this team now.

My suggestion is Ben Revere from the Twins. He is hitting 2nd now, because Span is such a good leadoff hitter. He can play left, has a good avg, and OBP and has great speed. Hes, also under control through 2017. I'm not sure what it would take to get him, but the Twins are Desperate for pitching, So i would assume we could give them Heisey + Pitching prospects.
    Just a dude who loves the reds, and some new sneakers.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Trade Targets

Quote Originally Posted by HatchMo View Post
    I see threads in the ORG about possible trades, i figured i would start a thread so we could all contribute.

Honestly, i think bruce is the 4 hitter and going and getting one is pointless. So, i think a leadoff hitter is the most useful to this team now.

My suggestion is Ben Revere from the Twins. He is hitting 2nd now, because Span is such a good leadoff hitter. He can play left, has a good avg, and OBP and has great speed. Hes, also under control through 2017. I'm not sure what it would take to get him, but the Twins are Desperate for pitching, So i would assume we could give them Heisey + Pitching prospects.
    While his defense is good, I'm not sure his offense plays anywhere but CF. Also a leadoff guy is not just a guy with speed, but also a guy who can get on base at a good rate, which Revere does not do. I'm not sure what sense Revere makes for the Reds unless his plate discipline or power potential improve drastically.

Yeah, Revere doesn't get on base at a substantial enough rate to make him a significant improvement. I'd shoot for DeJesus, personally.

Brett Gardner for Heisey and Massett

Quote Originally Posted by Ironman92 View Post
    Brett Gardner for Heisey and Massett
    Not getting a 5 win cost-controlled outfielder for a 4th outfielder and a middle reliever, especially from the Yankees.

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by [deleted] View Post
    Yeah, Revere doesn't get on base at a substantial enough rate to make him a significant improvement. I'd shoot for DeJesus, personally.
    I am right there with ya. Probably can be gotten pretty cheap.

i would look at the Yankees AAA team and see if Russell Branyan could be had as a LH hitter for our bench. He can play 1st/3b/LF/RF and a solid power threat off the bench late in games. He was hitting .333 with 2 DB and 1 HR in 18 ABs since getting off the DL.
    PLUS when Joey needs a dayoff. nice to have him as a backup with power at 1st....

Branyan is a nice pop bat off the bench. Before we look at a true lead off hitter, we need to look for bench guys. Let's be honest what good would a lead off guy be if we cant's make good at bats with a pinch hitter late. I mean look at Cairo today, just swung away, we needed to eat up pitches from that Astros bullpen.

Would love to see Branyan playing RF, LF and 3rd....lol

He wasn't worth having 8 years ago with the Reds.

How about Kal Daniels?

Dexter Fowler, Denard Span, David DeJesus, Carlos Quinten, Alex Gordon, Gerrardo Parra are all guys who have either been rumored available or are becoming expendable pieces on teams who are not contending. I would look to upgrade LF for sure, and possibly CF as well. I just don't feel Stubbs is the right fit. Fowler and Quinten sloting in at leadoff and cleanup would make the Reds the premeire NL team, and a serious World Series conender.

What will it take to get Youk and have the Sox pay the $10 million owed for this year and the buyout on 2013?

DeJesus would be very nice. As much as we want to make a push, there's not a whole lot we can give up right now that a lot of teams are going to find useful. There's not a single MLB-caliber prospect in AAA that a team will find useful right now, especially with Soto struggling, and that's what a lot of teams are looking to deal for at the deadline. What we do have is an abundance of cost-controlled relievers, and that packaged with one of our position players should be enough for a minor upgrade, or it could fetch us a cost-controlled bench bat. A high OBP outfielder that could lead off would be an excellent addition (and not break the bank like a cleanup hitter). I'd stay away from Youkillis... he's expensive, Frazier's proving himself, and we don't need another financially burdening older third baseman.

DeJesus just makes so much sense. A high OBP outfielder to hit in front of Votto is definitely what this team is lacking. Chicago is one of the few teams in definite "seller" mode, and he is relatively affordable. They'll try and push Soriano, but he's not worth it.

Headley or Quentin would be great cleanup options, but I'm not sure what SD would still want that they haven't already taken. Both would have a pretty steep price tag and create a bit of a jam. I honestly don't see the Reds doing anything with 3B this season.

Gordon or Gardner would be sublime, but neither will ever happen. Neither team has any real reason to trade these guys unless the offer was huge. Don't even think about message board fantasy Heisey + RP offers here, it's a bit insulting.

Fowler would be amazing (He's slugging .587 this year. What.), but there isn't much chance Colorado trades him... Unless, I guess, they got some ace pitching in return.

Span and Willingham are enticing and could easily help, but they come at high prices, player- and money- wise.

I'm torn on the Youkilis issue. He'd look mighty fine slotted between Votto and Bruce, and would allow BP to move back up in the order. But he's obviously on the downward swing of his career and there are a lot of teams to compete with for him. I just don't see the team giving up on Rolen yet.

malingered here too long malcontent's Avatar

I'd target Michael Brantley and Bryan LaHair.

DeJesus makes the most sense.

Turn Off Ads?