Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nick Howard

Nick Howard

Can we purge Nick Howard from the organization, he's 25 years old, I've seen enough.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: 2018 Minor-League Player of the Day

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    Can we purge Nick Howard from the organization, he's 25 years old, I've seen enough.
    Don't want to get too off topic in this thread, but does anyone know if he still throws in the high 90s?
    (Referring to Jack Hannahan signing with a Korean team)
    Since there are no teams on the moon, I guess South Korea's far enough from Cincinnati to satisfy me.
    -RichRed

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OGB View Post
    Don't want to get too off topic in this thread, but does anyone know if he still throws in the high 90s?
    He never really threw high 90's. He may have touched it every so often, but he was generally a mid-90's guy before the injury.

But no, he's not there now. He's low 90's.

5. Likes:

corkedbat (06-28-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by OGB View Post
    He'll throw in any weather conditions you ask him to.

7. Likes:

757690 (04-30-2018),cumberlandreds (06-24-2019),dougdirt (04-30-2018),klw (04-30-2018),M2 (05-01-2018),NC Reds (06-24-2019),Spanky (04-30-2018),texasdave (04-30-2018),TheBigLebowski (05-02-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by marcshoe View Post
    He'll throw in any weather conditions you ask him to.
    Name:  dcceadd918f3df44c35aa122b769dbc9e8590cfaa591c1ad2abbe21fa8b7b958.jpg
Views: 915
Size:  17.3 KB
    The television crews left and about 10 reporters remained in the room. That's when Price took his turn doing the talking.
    What followed was a five-minute, 34-second expletive-filled tirade. The final tally was 77 uses of the "F" word or a variant and 11 uses of a vulgar term for feces (two bovine, one equine).

9. Likes:

dougdirt (04-30-2018),klw (04-30-2018)

Nick Howard

Discussion of Reds prospect Nick Howard is now in its own thread.

Re: Nick Howard

“I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Is there a physical issue (other than being rusty) or is the problem still the yips? Might as well keep trying. Any success would be a plus. I had already written him off.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RED VAN HOT View Post
    Is there a physical issue (other than being rusty) or is the problem still the yips? Might as well keep trying. Any success would be a plus. I had already written him off.
    He's coming off of shoulder surgery. So, it's tough to say to be honest. I only saw him pitch twice in Arizona. Both times he *looked* more confident than he did two years ago when he was walking 14 batters per 9 innings pitched. But it's not as if he hasn't walked 11 batters in 9 innings this year.

14. Likes:

marcshoe (04-30-2018),RED VAN HOT (04-30-2018),REDREAD (05-01-2018)

Sounds like Nick Howard has been released by the organization.

Bummer, but I suppose it could be worse than being 26 years old, presumably three-quarters of the way through a UVA degree and having cashed a $2 million signing bonus.

https://redsminorleagues.com/2019/06...k-nick-howard/

16. Likes:

bottom_feeder (06-26-2019)

And Nick Travieso, another Reds first rounder, probably not far behind. Lets hope that we don't have to add Greene to this list in the future.

18. Likes:

bottom_feeder (06-26-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by madeirawood View Post
    And Nick Travieso, another Reds first rounder, probably not far behind. Lets hope that we don't have to add Greene to this list in the future.
    Based on our track record I’m confident we will. Meanwhile Brendan McKay is getting the call to the Big Leagues on Saturday and Mackenzie Gore continues to roll.

Quote Originally Posted by madeirawood View Post
    Quoted for truth...
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

Quote Originally Posted by tripleaaaron View Post

Based on our track record I’m confident we will. Meanwhile Brendan McKay is getting the call to the Big Leagues on Saturday and Mackenzie Gore continues to roll.
    There were a lot of people on here that wanted Hunter. That was a good pick regardless of what happens. As for Traveiso and Howard, a lot of people disliked those picks day 1. Doesn’t mean another route would have produced a different outcome. A lot of disdain for those picks from the get.

22. Likes:

Benihana (06-29-2019)

Nvm, thought of wrong draft
    What would you say.....ya do here?

Turn Off Ads?