Turn Off Ads?
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: 2012 Official Draft Picks and Signings

Re: 2012 Official Draft Picks and Signings

Boyd returning to college per his twitter
    http://twitter.com/mattboyd31

Matt Boyd ‏@mattboyd31
    ‪#Beavernation‬ make your reservations for Omaha. I have some unfinished business to take care of with my boys back in a Beaver Uniform!
    Sorry @Dan_Child.....looks like your going to have to find a place to live...I'm keeping my room for another year ‪#sorryboutit‬
    From 4 hours ago
    Matt Boyd ‏@mattboyd31
    “@JHuntweet: Signing deadline is today. RT @mattboyd31: Excited about things to come” yes sir it is
    Last edited by klw; 07-13-2012 at 04:18 PM.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Party like it's 1990 Blitz Dorsey's Avatar

Well, if that holds true, the Reds will have signed 30 of their 42 draft picks, including their first 15 selections. Nicely done.

Quote Originally Posted by Blitz Dorsey View Post
    Well, if that holds true, the Reds will have signed 30 of their 42 draft picks, including their first 15 selections. Nicely done.
    Vincej is a solid defensive guy and they could use some SS depth. Love the Ortiz signing. Doesn't hurt to sign a couple of solid catching prospects in every draft. Hudson and Ortiz are a pretty decent duo.

Would've liked to have seen them get Boyd too, but if that's our biggest disappointment in this draft, we're OK. Not a complaint at all, but I kinda surprised Adam Matthews didn't sign. I'm guessing maybe he was a fallback if one of the top 10 OFs didn't sign.

Quote Originally Posted by corkedbat View Post
    Vincej is a solid defensive guy and they could use some SS depth. Love the Ortiz signing. Doesn't hurt to sign a couple of solid catching prospects in every draft. Hudson and Ortiz are a pretty decent duo.

Would've liked to have seen them get Boyd too, but if that's our biggest disappointment in this draft, we're OK. Not a complaint at all, but I kinda surprised Adam Matthews didn't sign. I'm guessing maybe he was a fallback if one of the top 10 OFs didn't sign.
    He is showing up on the AZL Reds roster.

Quote Originally Posted by RED VAN HOT View Post
    He is showing up on the AZL Reds roster.
    Hmmm... hadn't seen that. Never saw where he had actually signed.
    Good - thanks! 29 out of 42 - a solid showing. Guess #29 - Adam Matthews should be bolded too.
    Last edited by corkedbat; 07-15-2012 at 12:39 AM.

I imagine we can unsticky this thread now as well?

Quote Originally Posted by fearofpopvol1 View Post
    I imagine we can unsticky this thread now as well?
    I'd kinda like to leave it up there for a while. It's handy as a reference, particularly when you come across a new name in a box score and want to see where the guy came from.

Party like it's 1990 Blitz Dorsey's Avatar

Don't unsticky this thread please! I love it.

Adam Matthews is also showing as signed onBaseball Americas list.

Quote Originally Posted by mace View Post
    I'd kinda like to leave it up there for a while. It's handy as a reference, particularly when you come across a new name in a box score and want to see where the guy came from.
    What about closing the thread then? It's just every time a new post appears, it's misleading because you think someone new has signed.

Turn Off Ads?