Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Monday, June 4, 2012, Minor-League Updates

Re: Monday, June 4, 2012, Minor-League Updates

Matzek considers 3 BBs issued over 5 IP a successful outing.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Fellhauer with a 4 for 5 day and at .325. In a system with nobody hitting much in the upper minors, I don't get why this guy isn't playing all the time. He's more than competent in the OF, can run a little and hits lefty which is a real need right now.

Why is he a part timer and why hasn't he moved up? Does he have any kind of major league future? Heck, if he could be a 300 AB 4th OF who hits from the left side on the cheap for a few years, that would be a huge addition to the mix for the big league team.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

0 BB/10 K in 7 IP for Lotzkar? Very, very nice. That brings his totals to 18 BB/38 K in 32.2 IP at Pensacola. The walks need to decrease but you have to be pleased with his K/9 and HR rate (only 2 HR allowed).

Daniel Corcino, Tony Cingrani, Kyle Lotzkar, and Juan Carlos Sulbaran form one heck of a rotation in Penacola.

Sulbaran needs to drop that walk rate but his K/9 is healthy (56 K in 55 IP).

Anyone else think Kyle Waldrop has a chance to be a pretty good player? His OPS is at a respectable .751 and he seems to have a decent idea of the strikezone. He's only 20 years old and has the frame (6-foot-3, 190) to fill out and add power. Might be a guy worth keeping an eye on.

Bakersfield loads em in the 4th with back to back walks to Ewing and Bowe and a single by Lohman after a flyout by Hamilton, but a fly out by Smith without advance and Travis Matthair struck out ending the threat. Still 6-2 Modesto. End of 4.

Brooks Pinckard retires Modesto in the 5th getting a fly out then a walk, then a double play. That's one run in 2 innings work which is an amazingly good 4.50 era for him so far coming into the game with an era of 10.80

In Bakersfield's 5th, Vasquez walks (the 8th for Matzek) and Duran singles him to 2nd.
    Viscioso singles to load em up.
    James Ewing clubs in 2 with a single making the score 6-4.
    Kurt Yacko replaces Tyler Matzek as the Nuts pitcher.
    Bowe lays down a sac bunt sending Ewing to 2nd and Viscioso to 3rd.
    In his 4 plus innings Tyler Matzek walked 8 hit 1 and gave up 7 hits striking out 2. I don't think he's writing Mom tonight.
    Yacko makes Billy Whacko as he strikes out our Hamilton. 2 down.
    Then Kurt makes curt work of Lohman getting him to fly out to Parker and end the threat.
    The Blaze rally falls short but they are closer, bottom of 5, Nuts 6 Blaze 4.
    Last edited by RedlegJake; 06-05-2012 at 12:36 AM.

Daniel Wolford replaces Brooks Pinckard who has lowered his era to 10.19. Another night like this and he'll be in single digits.
    Ortega flies out to Ewing. 1 down.
    Wolford pumps three strikes past Tim Smalling. 2 down.
    Parker grounds out, Hamilton to Matthair.
    Hey 1-2-3. This is fun guys. It's kinda like real baseball. Do it more often!!

Blaze up, Smith grounds out 6-3. Matthair grounds out 5-3.
    Vasquez singles to center. I wish I had a Niko for every single he hits.
    Duran grounds to third and the third baseman throws it away. Duran lumbers into 2nd as Vasquez races to 3rd sliding in with a Cobb-like cloud of dust.
    Danny Viscioso fizzles the rally with a 4-3 ground out.
    Close but no cigar. End of 6, 6-4 Aw Nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by RedlegJake View Post
    Blaze up, Smith grounds out 6-3. Matthair grounds out 5-3.
    Vasquez singles to center. I wish I had a Niko for every single he hits.
    Duran grounds to third and the third baseman throws it away. Duran lumbers into 2nd as Vasquez races to 3rd sliding in with a Cobb-like cloud of dust.
    Danny Viscioso fizzles the rally with a 4-3 ground out.
    Close but no cigar. End of 6, 6-4 Aw Nuts.
    That's a groaner. I love bad puns. That was a terrible one.

I usually try to keep it to myself though.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

The Blaze has had plenty of chances tonight but they just can't get the one big hit to bust it open. They need to hold them here.
    Wolford fans Dickerson leading off. 1 down. 2 Ks for Wolford
    Hah! Tracy strikes out swinging. You can't touch this! 3 Ks for Wolford. I think he's dancing out there.
    Wolford shows he's human and walks Jared Clark. He'd retired 5 straight before that walk.
    Tanos - sit down, shut up, go home, strike three. K #4. Three down. Bottom of 7.
    Great inning for Wolford!
    Kick those Nuts!

Chad Rose replaces Kurt Yacko for Modesto. Rose will forevermore be a great baseball name...
    Okay Blaze let's get a fire lit under ya!
    Rose walks James Ewing and Theo Bowe. Both have been walk machines tonight. Nice to see players taking walks. Ewing and Bowe both are starting to impress me a bit.
    1st and 2nd 0 out. Still trailing 6-4. Need a big hit here.
    'Billy Blazes' is up. walk and a steal tonight (63). Chance to do something here.
    Billy bunts and they nail him - barely. Holy smokes its close Rose to second baseman covering first. The runners move up. Now 2nd and third, 1 down. Billy got that bunt out there a bit too hard or else he's safe. 1 foot farther for Rose to run before fielding it and Billy beats it out. Hah! I guess you can steal first base. He almost did.
    DEVIN LOHMAN HOME RUN !!!! 7-6 BLAZE! WHAT the BLAZES!!!!
    Bryson SMith then K's swinging and Mattair comes close ripping a double on a liner to right.
    Niko Vasquez strikes out to end the inning but not before the Blaze takes the lead on Devin Lohman's 3 run blast. End of 7 Blaze 7-6.

Michael Griffin in for Daniel Wolford who did a great job.
    He walks Dan Garneau right off the bat.
    Adames sacrifices Garneau to second. 1 down. Man in scoring position.
    Need to clone Wolford and throw him back out there.
    Ortega grounds out to Mattair unassisted. Garneau runs to third like a scalded rabbit.
    2 down man on third.
    C'mon Michael bear down and get this guy.
    Match, Set, Point! Strikes out Tim Smalling! Griffin you the hot blazes bud!
    Bottom 8
    7-6 Blaze
    Last edited by RedlegJake; 06-05-2012 at 01:26 AM.

Could be/Should be/Oughta be the last at bat for Bakersfield if the pitchers can hold the Nuts
    Devin Lohman and Daniel Wolford are tonight's heroes if this score holds up.
    Juan Duran strikes out flailing. 1 down
    Chad Rose, in line to lose this game for the Nuts is still on the mound.
    Danny Visciosa hits double off the wall in center field.
    James Ewing strikes out called. 2 down.
    Theo Bowe singles to second baseman Smalling deep in the hole behind second and Danny Visciosa tries to score but is nailed at the plate. Visciosa forgot for a moment that he is a catcher and tried to invoke his inner Hamilton. 3 down.
    On to the ninth.

Brian Pearl replaces Michael Griffin to chase the save. Pearl has been very effective so far this season. A converted outfielder, Pearl has been great at putting out Blazes and I look at him as a legitimate closer/setup prospect for late 2014/2015.
    As soon as I say that he walks the leadoff hitter, Kyle Parker.
    This game shouldn't be this close - 3 Blaze's runners have been nailed at the plate tonight. They've been overly aggressive and it has cost them. Maybe a bit of the Billy Hamilton dash has rubbed off on the whole team.
    Corey Dickerson singles to left, Parker holds at second.
    Big strike out of Mark Tracy for 1 out. Pearl's ability to miss bats is big in a situation like this.
    Wild pitch, both runners advance. Brother. Now the force is off. C'mon Pearl.
    Jared Clark at the plate. He hits a grounder to Vasquez at third. Niko throws to catcher Visciosa who throws back to SS Hamilton - they have the runner caught in a rundown, back to Visciosa to Vasquez and the runner is out at home. Dickerson to 3rd and Clark to 2nd on the play. 2 down. Big, big play to get him in a rundown there!
    AND PEARL STRIKES OUT TANOS!
    GAME!
    Blaze wins 7-6

Redleg Jake, thanks for the game commentary. Love it.

Turn Off Ads?