Turn Off Ads?
Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Official 2012 Draft Day Thread (Day 2)

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Re: Official 2012 Draft Day Thread (Day 2)

Quote Originally Posted by fearofpopvol1 View Post
    They must like him a lot then.
    Went to Army, then transferred to BAkersfield.

Should sign. On Bakersfield.com his father said if they fell after the 10th round, to call them before drafting him to make sure he would sign.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Reds can go over $100,000 on any pick past the 10th round but it counts against the top 10 round pick money.

Matt Boyd, LHP from Oregon State

Quote Originally Posted by Gallen5862 View Post
    Reds can go over $100,000 on any pick past the 10th round but it counts against the top 10 round pick money.
    which is going to be really hard to do because if you break that ceiling by 5% you lose a first round pick. Most teams will treat it as a hard stop most liekly.

Matt Boyd Jr. Stats:
    Matt Boyd LHP Jr. 4-0, 3.47 ERA, 3 Sv, 13 BB, 30 SO, 36.1 IP

Boyd could return for his senior year and try for a better slot next year. Depends how bad he wants to go pro.

2 more rounds today

Quote Originally Posted by RedlegJake View Post
    Kivel own words:
    hello my name is jeremy kivel i am a RHP from spring, tx the highschool of current MLB pitcher josh beckett. I have always wanted to play college and pro-baseball and follow in his footsteps, it started at a young age when family and friends discovered that i have a GOD given arm and people still see that today. Also i have a GOD given work ethic and i always have to be the best at what i do no matter what. Im the first and last on the field at my highschool and if you ever get to see me on the mound i always have the fire in my eyes that this next pitch is going right past your bat, im not the biggest guy on the field at 6"1 but i have biggest heart. I play everygame as if it was my last. No matter what school i go to im going to want to bring you a championship and make history that is the type of player and person i am.
    Is he sending out resumes?

Lucas Moran rhp from Grayson County College round 14

Lucas Moran 6-2 200

(Frosh at Houston - transferred to Grayson for Sophomore year)
    FRESHMAN (2011)
    Made his collegiate debut on opening day against UT-Arlington (Feb. 18)...Pitched an inning of relief, allowing one run on two hits with two strikeouts against UTSA (March 1)...Pitched one scoreless innning of relief against Texas A&M and had three strikeouts (March 6)...Got his collegiate win, pitching 3.1 scoreless innings, allowing three hits with three strikeouts aganist Texas Southern (March 9)...Pitched 1.1 innings, allowing seven runs on five hits with one strikeout against Texas State (March 12)... Turned in an inning of relief wtih a strikeout against McNeese State (March 16)...Pitched 2.2 scoreless innings of relief against TCU, allowing one hit with three strikeouts (March 25)... Turned in an inning of scoreless relief against Rice (March 29)...Recorded one innings of relief against UAB (April 9)...C-USA Championship: Pitched 5.0 innings in his first career start against Tulane, allowing one run on three hits with four strikeouts.

LUTHERAN HIGH SCHOOL NORTH
    Coached by Dan Morgan... Earned a First Team All-District selection... First Team All-State honoree... First Team All Greater Houston... Three-time team MVP... Drafted b y the Milwaukee Brewers in the 45th round... National Honor Society.

concentrating on college arms now

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Moran has been clocked as high as 94 MPH. Can't find anything else on him right now.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Moran has been clocked as high as 94 MPH. Can't find anything else on him right now.
    neither could I - just a bunch of stuff from HS, game scores etc

Dan (Houston, Texas): What round do you have Luke Moran and Shane Henderson from Grayson County College going in?
    Jim Callis: Moran in the 8th-12th round as a righthander with a solid frame and an 89-92 mph fastball. Scouts have cooled on Henderson. Maybe he factors into the 16th-20th round if he's an easy sign.

Turn Off Ads?