Turn Off Ads?
Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718 LastLast

Thread: 6/5/12 Pirates at Reds

Re: 6/5/12 Pirates at Reds

Heisey had some putrid ABs tonight.
    Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    Let's face it, you mis-hit the bun with the mustard squirter, no one will really care.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Reds lose 8-4.

Harahan isn't THAT good....

Pitching is the thing WVRedsFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mbgrayson View Post
    Harahan isn't THAT good....
    15 saves in 16 tries.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

That was a bad game all the way around. Lousy pitching. 15 Ks by the hitters. Sheesh...

Quote Originally Posted by WVRedsFan View Post
    15 saves in 16 tries.
    But he struck out all three Reds he faced, and made them look silly. (Phillips, Bruce, and Heisey, three of our better hitters....)

Oh well. Shake it off. Cueto on the mound tomorrow. Get it right back

Unsolicited Opinions traderumor's Avatar

well, poopy, get 'em tomorrow
    Can't win with 'em

Can't win without 'em

On certain days, that's no big task--making them look silly.

OH well, gotta win the next two or else we will be looking up at the Buccos.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Unsolicited Opinions traderumor's Avatar

Those sliders that Phillips and Bruce struck out on were weak, just enough break right at the plate to miss the bat. They were spinning, no "slide". Oh well.
    Can't win with 'em

Can't win without 'em

Well we're bad again, go get em tomorrow.
    "Since I've been with the Reds in 1989, we've never had a farm system this loaded," Bowden said. "If we were the New York Yankees and had unlimited dollars, we could have traded for Colon, (Jeff) Weaver, Rolen, (Cliff) Floyd, (Kenny) Rogers and Finley and gotten them all -- and still held onto our top five prospects. That's an amazing statement."

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    What does this mean? He gave Votto a day off? They couldn't hit James MacDonald? That the Astros have a 17-12 at home vs. 6-19 on the road? That Homer showed up without a slider tonight? That the Pirates only hitter has an 0fer while the interstate hitters have driven in 5 runs and had 5 hits between them.

Dude, its baseball, a 162 game season. Knute Rockne was a football coach for a reason.
    Do you seek me out every time I post here when I comment on the laid back and lethargic play against teams they should beat? I understand how a baseball season works.

You explained to me during the Rockies game thread that I had no patience.... now this. Plenty of people comment on how dead this team can look.

Whoever wrote that Heisey, Cozart and Stubbs all look like the same hitters....flailing, guessing and then just quitting on their AB's sometimes and striking out meekly was dead on.

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    Yea, so do I. Its just void of facts, thus the rhetorical nature of my post. Too deep for the game thread, I guess.
    So I am not allowed to post something I see as a fact based on what I see with my own eyes?

Do I sound like too much of an old time scout who just needed my eyes to see what I knew was correct....instead of stats? Sometimes I do not need some facts on a stat sheet to tell me this clubhouse sometimes seems more laid back than the old Hugh Hefner Playboy Hour from the late 50's and early 60's.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Cloninger View Post
    So I am not allowed to post something I see as a fact based on what I see with my own eyes?

Do I sound like too much of an old time scout who just needed my eyes to see what I knew was correct....instead of stats? Sometimes I do not need some facts on a stat sheet to tell me this clubhouse sometimes seems more laid back than the old Hugh Hefner Playboy Hour from the late 50's and early 60's.
    This. Trying to be positive this year but it's evident that this poorly constructed roster is just so laid back that guessing, thanks to their leader is OK. Stats? They mean nothing if the results are not OK. I'll give Cozart a break since he's new and young, but Stubbs has no idea whether the ball is a strike or not. He's just swinging. It's the same with Phillips, Bruce, Heisey, and Ludwick. Guess hitters just like Dusty was. As for the pitching, it should have been obvious that Homer didn't have it. Instead, he allows six runs in three innings. From then on--seven innings, the bullpen allows two runs, and what would they have done if the manager pulls Bailey earlier to minimize the damage? Oh, it's just the Pirates.

Only Votto seems to be upset when he fails, and that's not often. Yes, the Reds Are in first place, but that may be short-lived if things are so laid back. I've aways supported The Dust, but my patience is about gone.
    www.ris-news.com
    -Beano Cook

Those pesky Pirates.

Lets take the next two.
    "panic" only comes from having real expectations

Turn Off Ads?