Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 24

Thread: ESPN Insider says..

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    4,666

    ESPN Insider says..

    Best possible location for the Padres to trade Quentin would be our Reds...so what would you give up for him?

  2. #2
    Member wvreds's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    230

    Re: ESPN Insider says..

    Im sure they would either Corcino or Cingrani along with Hamilton, and that is way too much, Id see maybe if theyd take Heisey along with a low level prospect

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Bridgetown
    Posts
    1,510

    Re: ESPN Insider says..

    Quote Originally Posted by wvreds View Post
    Im sure they would either Corcino or Cingrani along with Hamilton, and that is way too much, Id see maybe if theyd take Heisey along with a low level prospect
    i doubt they think they could get that

  4. #4
    Retro-Gamer Krawhitham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    1,729

    Re: ESPN Insider says..

    Quote Originally Posted by R_Webb18 View Post
    i doubt they think they could get that
    Why not they got most of the farm system for Latos. They will take the rest for Quentin

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    71

    Re: ESPN Insider says..

    Quote Originally Posted by wvreds View Post
    Im sure they would either Corcino or Cingrani along with Hamilton, and that is way too much, Id see maybe if theyd take Heisey along with a low level prospect
    Absolutely no way they would ask for this. That is a top 25 prospect and a top 100 prospect for a rental player. Last year the Mets traded Carlos Beltran for Zack Wheeler who at the time was Baseball America's #55 prospect. While Quentin is a little younger than Beltran was, Beltran was healthy for the whole year last year. I would say one of our better pitching prospects and Heisey might get the deal done. Just my opinion though.

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    4,666

    Re: ESPN Insider says..

    Quote Originally Posted by kg112686 View Post
    Absolutely no way they would ask for this. That is a top 25 prospect and a top 100 prospect for a rental player. Last year the Mets traded Carlos Beltran for Zack Wheeler who at the time was Baseball America's #55 prospect. While Quentin is a little younger than Beltran was, Beltran was healthy for the whole year last year. I would say one of our better pitching prospects and Heisey might get the deal done. Just my opinion though.
    Problem is I doubt Walt will even pick up the phone to ask SD what it would take....

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Columbus
    Posts
    733

    Re: ESPN Insider says..

    Quote Originally Posted by brm7675 View Post
    Problem is I doubt Walt will even pick up the phone to ask SD what it would take....
    Based on what, exactly? The Reds were one of the most active teams this off season (if not the most active), they were in on Cliff Lee to the very end when no one was talkinga bout them as being a player....what about that makes you think he would hit on his hands?
    Sto Pro Veritate

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    4,666

    Re: ESPN Insider says..

    Quote Originally Posted by Girevik View Post
    Based on what, exactly? The Reds were one of the most active teams this off season (if not the most active), they were in on Cliff Lee to the very end when no one was talkinga bout them as being a player....what about that makes you think he would hit on his hands?
    Walt made two deals. One with SD, one with Chicago. He obtained what "he and Dusty" felt this team lacked and that was pitching. What other deals did he do to strength this team in the off season from a bench perspective?

  9. #9
    ZCTRMTP!!!!!
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    10,797

    Re: ESPN Insider says..

    Padres still owe us from the Latos trade. Just put him on a plane and send him along. We'll call it even.
    Zero chance the Reds miss the playoffs!

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    dayton oh
    Posts
    110

    Re: ESPN Insider says..

    Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    Padres still owe us from the Latos trade. Just put him on a plane and send him along. We'll call it even.
    haha I totally agree!

  11. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1,007

    Re: ESPN Insider says..

    anyone have his contract status without me looking it up? I would say thats the main issue if we are looking into a trade here.

  12. #12
    ZCTRMTP!!!!!
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    10,797

    Re: ESPN Insider says..

    x
    Last edited by texasdave; 06-06-2012 at 12:31 PM.
    Zero chance the Reds miss the playoffs!

  13. #13
    Member wvreds's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    230

    Re: ESPN Insider says..

    I beleive he is a FA after this season, hes making 7.25 million this season, he does have a bit of an injury history, Id look to acquire him, maybe theyd take Luddy back haha

  14. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    26

    Re: ESPN Insider says..

    From what i gather he is a free agent

    Wouldnt take a lot to get him probably, he has an extensive injury history and is out of contract at the end of the year.

    he has missed at last 30 games each of the past 5 years (including this year) and is very poor defensively.

  15. #15
    Just A Couple Johnny's OneManBand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    362

    Re: ESPN Insider says..

    My thought was they were interested in Chris Heisey during the discussion of Latos. He'd be included as would probably Kyle Lotzkar or Danny Corcino. My hope is we do the deal. Corcino is legit, but if this team wants to position it self for a run.. Having a guy who in just 6 games already has 5 HRs and 2 multi homer games. I'd actually try to include perhaps a bullpen arm like Arredondo, because we are going to have Bray at some point and Masset. Then who moves out of the pen?

    Heisey, Arredondo, & Lotzkar to the Pads for Carlos Quentin & Cash ($3.5 Million owed - Say $1 Million to the Reds).

    Key to this deal is that Quentin is a RH bat. Insert him in-between Votto and Bruce and move Phillips into the leadoff or #2 hole. That is a sick lineup and if healthy and lineup that can take not only a division but a pennant.


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25