Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: what might Chapman bring

what might Chapman bring

With how well Chapman is doing...it would be interesting to see on the trade market what some team might be willing to give up to get him...

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Depends on need.

Reds would get horn-swaddled just like usual. Prolly trade him straight up for Rey Ordonez and Devon White.

Re: what might Chapman bring

i would take Soriano for him. in a heartbeat.

Quote Originally Posted by miamiredskin View Post
    i would take Soriano for him. in a heartbeat.
    ouch. glad ur not gm. that is unreal.

Chapman brings the heat and brings fans and media attention to GABP. That's more valuable than what we could probably get for him unless he's pitching like this as a starter. In that case he's invaluable. What could we get for one or two years of that kind of production as a TOR pitcher? We could probably name our price.

He's far too valuable, even as a closer, to give him up for anything at this point would be baseball sacrilege.

As for Soriano? You have to be kidding. Chapman is blowing hitters away and making them look ridiculous at the plate. There's no way that trade would happen.

I think the only player I would trade Chapman for right now is Chapman as a starter, and with the way he is finishing games I'm not sure I would even make that trade.

Josh Hamilton

This is interesting to think about just to see how valuable he would really be on the trade market. Contract situations not withstanding who's one player you would pull the trigger for in a straight up deal?

Kemp?
    Kershaw?
    Longoria?
    Cano?
    Hamilton?
    Braun?
    Stanton?

Quote Originally Posted by UPRedsFan View Post
    This is interesting to think about just to see how valuable he would really be on the trade market. Contract situations not withstanding who's one player you would pull the trigger for in a straight up deal?

Kemp?
    Kershaw?
    Longoria?
    Cano?
    Hamilton?
    Braun?
    Stanton?
    Kemp, Kershaw or Stanton, but he is the biggest sensation in baseball right know, most people just don't know it, yet. It will happen this summer to the great benefit of the Reds and their box office. That said, I say keep him happy with red meat and strippers and turn him loose in the 9th when needed.

How can you be a big sensation when you only play 1 inning a game and on average only 1-2 games per week?

Quote Originally Posted by brm7675 View Post
    How can you be a big sensation when you only play 1 inning a game and on average only 1-2 games per week?
    Wait and see. He keeps this up he will be the toast of baseball.

Stanton and Kemp

He IS the best closer in baseball right now. And I love it. I wouldn't even think about trading him or making him a SP.
    Does anyone else worry if he becomes a SP hitters might start to catch up to his fastball a 3rd time around?
    I mean why change anything with him right now. If the Reds have 1 or 2 run lead heading into the 9th the game is practically over. Since when could you say that about any of the Reds closers?

Keep Chapman as a closer...it's working great,

Quote Originally Posted by Red Buckeye View Post
    He IS the best closer in baseball right now. And I love it. I wouldn't even think about trading him or making him a SP.
    Does anyone else worry if he becomes a SP hitters might start to catch up to his fastball a 3rd time around?
    I mean why change anything with him right now. If the Reds have 1 or 2 run lead heading into the 9th the game is practically over. Since when could you say that about any of the Reds closers?

Keep Chapman as a closer...it's working great,

So you want to keep your best pitcher to pitching 1-2 innings a week?

Turn Off Ads?