Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ESPN Insider says..

The Rays just designated a powerful lefty (Allen).....he was out of option but is way better than any lefty we have available and his price should be good.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: ESPN Insider says..

Quote Originally Posted by R_Webb18 View Post
    i doubt they think they could get that
    Why not they got most of the farm system for Latos. They will take the rest for Quentin

Quote Originally Posted by brm7675 View Post
    I think due to a bidding war that will happen, it will take much more...
    Doubtful. Arredondo is a real prize there... he could easily be converted into a closer and be one of the most valuable players on the team, then flipped for a good return. They also get a cost-guaranteed outfielder in Heisey and a rising prospect in Lotzkar. All that for half a season of a player we could have signed in the offseason (and whose performance has been a mix of brilliant and injured)... all we're really getting in true value is the money that San Diego is willing to put up and certainty and that the investment will be in a worthwhile time period. Is that worth two solid cost-controlled players and a prospect? I'm not sure it is.

I would not trade any prospects for Quentin. I'd offer San Diego their choice of Stubbs/Heisey & Ondrusek/Bray/Hoover. Straight up. If they say no I look elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by brm7675 View Post
    Problem is I doubt Walt will even pick up the phone to ask SD what it would take....
    Based on what, exactly? The Reds were one of the most active teams this off season (if not the most active), they were in on Cliff Lee to the very end when no one was talkinga bout them as being a player....what about that makes you think he would hit on his hands?
    Sto Pro Veritate

Quote Originally Posted by herbdizzle View Post
    I would not trade any prospects for Quentin. I'd offer San Diego their choice of Stubbs/Heisey & Ondrusek/Bray/Hoover. Straight up. If they say no I look elsewhere.
    We are going to need Ondrusek for the playoff run. And as much as people complain about Stubbs, we would have a hard time replacing him. I would hope that neither player would be a part of the package.

Quote Originally Posted by herbdizzle View Post
    herb.....do you not think that is to steep for just a rental? man I know Stubbs makes us all mad but batting in front of Joey has helped him and his speed in CF is not something that we have seen since the days of ole 44 magnum....Logan is a guy I think can work himself into any bullpen in the MLB, he is that tough....he still needs some seasoning but he is the man and he will be a staple to any bullpen for the next 5 years at least....I want that to be here....not to mention I think Logan can go a few innings if needed or be that one batter special....he is that good....in 2 years he might just be the MVP of our pen not named Chapman.

I agree that CQ would look good in Red in LF, but man, I would offer them a weak package and tell them to take it or leave it...make sure you offer them at least a starter....say Heisey, he would instantly take LF and be good, not great but his D would be light years better than what they have in CQ.....lets be honest, CQ is not staying SD after this year anyway so they just might bite.

Quote Originally Posted by Girevik View Post
    Based on what, exactly? The Reds were one of the most active teams this off season (if not the most active), they were in on Cliff Lee to the very end when no one was talkinga bout them as being a player....what about that makes you think he would hit on his hands?
    Walt made two deals. One with SD, one with Chicago. He obtained what "he and Dusty" felt this team lacked and that was pitching. What other deals did he do to strength this team in the off season from a bench perspective?

Quote Originally Posted by The DARK View Post
    Doubtful. Arredondo is a real prize there... he could easily be converted into a closer and be one of the most valuable players on the team, then flipped for a good return. They also get a cost-guaranteed outfielder in Heisey and a rising prospect in Lotzkar. All that for half a season of a player we could have signed in the offseason (and whose performance has been a mix of brilliant and injured)... all we're really getting in true value is the money that San Diego is willing to put up and certainty and that the investment will be in a worthwhile time period. Is that worth two solid cost-controlled players and a prospect? I'm not sure it is.
    Other teams will offer more...

Turn Off Ads?