Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 19

Thread: Little Red Machine - World Series Bound?

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    cincinnati, oh usa
    Posts
    691

    Little Red Machine - World Series Bound?

    Some dude on bestbaseballblog.com says the Reds could get to the World Series.

    Is he right?

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #2
    ZCTRMTP!!!!!
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    10,796

    Re: Little Red Machine - World Series Bound?

    Reds stay healthy they will be in the playoffs. No depth though. Injuries could derail this team.
    Zero chance the Reds miss the playoffs!

  4. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    906

    Re: Little Red Machine - World Series Bound?

    why not. some would like to call us pretenders.

    We may not be the top team in the playoffs but this isnt 2010 w/ a great team like philly had. The NL is as parody driven as its ever been. There are no great teams and anyone who makes the playoffs has a chance.

  5. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Cuyahoga Falls Ohio
    Posts
    769

    Re: Little Red Machine - World Series Bound?

    Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    Reds stay healthy they will be in the playoffs. No depth though. Injuries could derail this team.
    this. dont have the hitting to win a World Series even if healthy but winning one playoff series would be nice

  6. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    4,666

    Re: Little Red Machine - World Series Bound?

    Quote Originally Posted by Maker_84 View Post
    this. dont have the hitting to win a World Series even if healthy but winning one playoff series would be nice
    Rangers had ton of hitting last year and the previous year...what did that get them?

  7. #6
    Member Z-Fly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    501

    Re: Little Red Machine - World Series Bound?

    Quote Originally Posted by brm7675 View Post
    Rangers had ton of hitting last year and the previous year...what did that get them?
    Uhh.. Back to Back World Series trips.
    WHEN DOES IT STOP!?!?

  8. #7
    Member P.E.R#14's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    248

    Re: Little Red Machine - World Series Bound?

    If the Reds continue to play Exactly this type of baseball for the rest of the season, they will probably miss the playoffs. Now, before you rip my head off about winning series and everything else, The Cardinals (who I am beginning to dislike as much as Mich) are plagued with inuries and no doubt will make a run at some point in the season. The Reds starting pitching has been solid but not impressive. The bullpen is above average as a whole, and Aroldis Chapman has been literally flawless. The offense has been most disappointing and holes in LF and 3B need to be filled ,and the bench is possibly the thinnest in the league.

    So glad to be in first, but when the NL Central levels out, I think MIL and STL make significant efforts toward the top of the division. In my opinion, this Reds team needs either a couple of bats to wake up or the addition of some new talent to truly compete this season.

    Go Reds!
    "I'd walk through hell in a gasoline suit to play baseball." - Pete Rose

  9. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    4,666

    Re: Little Red Machine - World Series Bound?

    Quote Originally Posted by Z-Fly View Post
    Uhh.. Back to Back World Series trips.
    So? if you don't win, it don't mean a thing, no one remembers who lost....

  10. #9
    ZCTRMTP!!!!!
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    10,796

    Re: Little Red Machine - World Series Bound?

    You remembered. It was the Texas Rangers. That's why you brought them up.
    Zero chance the Reds miss the playoffs!

  11. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    4,666

    Re: Little Red Machine - World Series Bound?

    Quote Originally Posted by P.E.R#14 View Post
    If the Reds continue to play Exactly this type of baseball for the rest of the season, they will probably miss the playoffs. Now, before you rip my head off about winning series and everything else, The Cardinals (who I am beginning to dislike as much as Mich) are plagued with inuries and no doubt will make a run at some point in the season. The Reds starting pitching has been solid but not impressive. The bullpen is above average as a whole, and Aroldis Chapman has been literally flawless. The offense has been most disappointing and holes in LF and 3B need to be filled ,and the bench is possibly the thinnest in the league.

    So glad to be in first, but when the NL Central levels out, I think MIL and STL make significant efforts toward the top of the division. In my opinion, this Reds team needs either a couple of bats to wake up or the addition of some new talent to truly compete this season.

    Go Reds!
    Okay then "whoom" do you see winning the Central?

  12. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    4,666

    Re: Little Red Machine - World Series Bound?

    Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    You remembered. It was the Texas Rangers. That's why you brought them up.
    That's now, in 5-10 years most won't remember. How many people remember who the loser was in the 2002 WS or the 1995 WS and so on. If you don't win then it doesn't matter, you are no different then the other 28 teams that didn't win it.

  13. #12
    Member P.E.R#14's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    248

    Re: Little Red Machine - World Series Bound?

    Quote Originally Posted by brm7675 View Post
    Okay then "whoom" do you see winning the Central?
    Still hopeful it will be the Reds, just need to stay healthy, pick up a left-handed bat and fill some holes.

    Why "whoom?"
    "I'd walk through hell in a gasoline suit to play baseball." - Pete Rose

  14. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    West bye Gawd Virginia
    Posts
    1,184

    Re: Little Red Machine - World Series Bound?

    Sans any MAJOR injuries we win the division hands down, and have a decent shot of winning the NL Pennant if we don't have to face the Natty Lites!

  15. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    398

    Re: Little Red Machine - World Series Bound?

    they have to 1) get a true leadoff hitter that puts fear in the opposing team, 2) get a big bat to protect Votto that hits.. 3) get a better bench for late game pinch hitting and all the starters have to be better..not just Cueto

  16. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Cuyahoga Falls Ohio
    Posts
    769

    Re: Little Red Machine - World Series Bound?

    Quote Originally Posted by Redsfansince72 View Post
    they have to 1) get a true leadoff hitter that puts fear in the opposing team, 2) get a big bat to protect Votto that hits.. 3) get a better bench for late game pinch hitting and all the starters have to be better..not just Cueto
    Thats waaaay too many needs for this team to compete


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25