Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Three Bold Ideas to Fix LF

Re: Three Bold Ideas to Fix LF

Quote Originally Posted by Playadlc View Post
    Would anyone here trade Cueto for Upton? Would the Diamondback even consider it?
    I'd do it in a heartbeat, but the Reds wouldn't even consider it.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Would anyone here trade Cueto for Upton? Would the Diamondback even consider it?
    I wouldn't trade Cueto for anyone not named Verlander, Strasburg, Weaver or the like. And that'd be trading a TOR SP for a TOR SP.
    Attended 1976 World Series in my Mother's Womb. Attended 1990 World Series Game 2 as a 13 year old. Want to take my son to a a World Series Game in Cincinnati in my lifetime.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRedsFan View Post
    I think we are stuck with the roster we have. dusty seems pleased with Ludwick and Heisey, hoping they will come around. I don't look for any trades unless someone makes an offer the Reds can't refuse.
    I think the opposite. It's virtually certain to me that the Reds will add one hitter. I'd like them to add two (a platoon guy and a bench guy) but I feel strongly they will add one.

Walt isn't dumb, he sees the numbers, he understands the OBP is low, the team doesn't hit righties that well, and the left fielders aren't producing. And I don't know why you think Dusty is so happy with LF.

The problem this time of year is that teams demand the moon for good players. As the trade deadline approaches, the demands get more realistic. When that happens, the Reds will add somebody.

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    I think the opposite. It's virtually certain to me that the Reds will add one hitter. I'd like them to add two (a platoon guy and a bench guy) but I feel strongly they will add one.

Walt isn't dumb, he sees the numbers, he understands the OBP is low, the team doesn't hit righties that well, and the left fielders aren't producing. And I don't know why you think Dusty is so happy with LF.

The problem this time of year is that teams demand the moon for good players. As the trade deadline approaches, the demands get more realistic. When that happens, the Reds will add somebody.
    It easy to blame Dusty

Of course he doesnt trade or make the roster, and he's tried almost everyone in LF with little success

So you see Dusty is happy with LF

It's proven!!

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Agree. As more teams fall out of the race, the more options the Reds will have to trade for. Which hopefully will give them bargaining power to not give up so much.

How many Reds players has Dusty publicly expressed displeasure with? It's just not his style. Judging by his comments, he may seem satisfied with his players, but he's smart enough to keep the issues internal. He also understands that the game is a business, which is why he's being asked to run Ludwick/Heisey. There's nothing he can do about it.

If you think the Reds can trade for Upton, just remember this: there are probably fans on other message boards who think they could make a deal for Jay Bruce. It's not happening.

Jose Canseco at age 47 has a .346 OBP this year
    http://www.baseball-reference.com/mi...d=cansec001jos
    Attended 1976 World Series in my Mother's Womb. Attended 1990 World Series Game 2 as a 13 year old. Want to take my son to a a World Series Game in Cincinnati in my lifetime.

Quote Originally Posted by powersackers View Post
    Jose Canseco at age 47 has a .346 OBP this year
    http://www.baseball-reference.com/mi...d=cansec001jos
    It's nice to see that giving up pitching to focus on hitting has finally paid off for him. He also strikes out at a higher rate than anyone else on the team.

I wouldn't. And I obviously really like Upton.
    Go BLUE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by _Sir_Charles_ View Post
    I still think the best target is Shin-Soo Choo.
    I don't understand why a club that is only 1½ games out of first place (and has led their division for most of the season) would trade away their starting RF.

Tribe fans who I know are talking about adding players, not trading off veteran offensive leaders for prospects.
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Big Klu View Post
    I don't understand why a club that is only 1½ games out of first place (and has led their division for most of the season) would trade away their starting RF.

Tribe fans who I know are talking about adding players, not trading off veteran offensive leaders for prospects.
    Agreed. For trade purposes, right now you have to look at non-contenders.

I would not trade Cueto for Upton, and I like Upton. I'd trade Corcino though.

I would be all for trading for DeJesus. I think he is a great fit for this team this year. But he is my backup plan. If I am going for it, I am going for Upton first. I'd give DBacks an offer of Upton for Heisey, their choice of Soto or Corcino, and their choice of two of Gregorius, Stephenson, Henry Rodriguez or Yorman Rodriguez. If they took ludwick instead of Heisey, I might go to Hamilton instead of Soto/Corcino.

Quote Originally Posted by RedlegJake View Post
    Nothing fancy or bold. Just veteran high OBP solid D reasonable cost.
    This. Let's get some guys on base.

We don't seem to have a lot of trouble hitting HRs. We do seem to have trouble OBP'ing.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Benihana View Post
    Agreed that his recent tear helps the Pads asking price, but I would think his defensive limitations as well as his expiring contract put a ceiling on his trade value.

I wouldn't move Hamilton or Corcino for him, and I'd think long and hard before moving one of the other top three arms (Lotzkar, Cingrani, and Stephenson). Virtually anyone else in the system would be OK by me. Obviously this year's draftees aren't eligible to be dealt.
    I would include both of them if Headley came with. Lotzkar is the easiest for me to part with. Lotzkar, Soto, Hamilton, Corcino for Quentin and Headley.

BP
    Headley
    Votto
    Quentin
    Bruce
    Stubbs
    Cozart
    Mesigan
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

Turn Off Ads?