Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Three Bold Ideas to Fix LF

Re: Three Bold Ideas to Fix LF

Quote Originally Posted by Vottomatic View Post
    Agree. As more teams fall out of the race, the more options the Reds will have to trade for. Which hopefully will give them bargaining power to not give up so much.
    Wildcard play-in game means more teams will be hanging around the fringe, will only have the true cellar dwellers to deal with.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Big Klu View Post
    I don't understand why a club that is only 1 games out of first place (and has led their division for most of the season) would trade away their starting RF.

Tribe fans who I know are talking about adding players, not trading off veteran offensive leaders for prospects.
    Well, I didn't mean right now. I was talking about when they fall out of it (IF they fall out of it). I was more looking for a LONG TERM solution instead of a bargain basement rental that really does no more than shuffle the deck chairs.
    Chapman to the rotation!!!! Do it already!!!!

I understand that the price for the parts we need is extremely high right now and that we probably will not make a move until we are closer to the deadline. However we need to make a move now so we can keep this lead in the Central. Walt doesn't need to wait until we are 4 or 5 games back and looking up. Make the move now while we still have a lead and are able to increase that lead. David DeJesus and Chase Headley need to be on this roster or 2 guys of the same caliber. This team needs a guy that can hit 1st or 2nd in the order and a guy that has a high OBP plain and simple. Make the move now Walt before were looking up. I love this team to death but the offense is frustrating at times. Mainly the top of the order IMO. I love Cozart to death but hes a 2 hitter. Walt has done an amazing job with the staff and bullpen, now he needs to help out this lineup. Sorry but I had to vent, and it may only get worse as tomm. we face Verlander.
    "Losing feels worse than winning feels good." -Vin Scully

Hey, I'd love to deal for Upton and I'd put up a prettu good price for him. If you're gone say Upton though, why not go all out and deal for Giancarlo Stanton.

As for more realistic targets?

01. Josh Willingham and/or Denard Spann from the Twins
    02. Carlos Quentin and/or Chase Headley from the Padres
    03. Shane Victorino from the Phillies (if they decide to move him)
    04. Melky Cabrerra from the Giants
    05. Buy low on LoMo from the Marlins
    06. Choo Shin-Soo from the Indians
    07. David DeJesus from the Cubs
    08. Kevin Youkilis fron the Red Sox
    09. Seth Smith from the A's
    10. Martin Prado from the Braves
    11. Dexter Fowler from the Rox
    12. Adam Lind from the Blue Jays
    Last edited by corkedbat; 06-09-2012 at 12:58 AM.

Turn Off Ads?