Turn Off Ads?
Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 192526272829
Results 421 to 427 of 427

Thread: Reds vs. Pirates Thursday 6/7

  1. #421
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    4,666

    Re: Reds vs. Pirates Thursday 6/7

    Quote Originally Posted by chuck6660 View Post
    I don't see how you can believe that statement, with the real "Big Red Machine" I never had that feeling. The Reds themself expected to win every game during the '75-76' season's. The above statement is what's wrong with this current team! It's not OK to lose, yes it will happen, but never accept it.

    Never said it was ok. Said never ment to win. You have games like that every season. Come on two guys hitting under .200 drive in winning run vs Chapman...

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #422
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    4,666

    Re: Reds vs. Pirates Thursday 6/7

    [QUOTE=40YrRedsFan;2621692]
    Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    Well they beat Chapman, gotta give em credit.

    I don't give them credit at all. If our all or nothing (mostly nothing) offense
    could muster a hit (besides a solo HR) once in a while, we would be running away with the division.
    We are what we are....a first place team...

  4. #423
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,834

    Re: Reds vs. Pirates Thursday 6/7

    [QUOTE=40YrRedsFan;2621692]
    Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    Well they beat Chapman, gotta give em credit.

    I don't give them credit at all. If our all or nothing (mostly nothing) offense
    could muster a hit (besides a solo HR) once in a while, we would be running away with the division.
    Eh they got back to back doubles on Chapman, that is deserving of some credit.

    That's not to say we didn't play a terrible game, we did.

  5. #424
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,834

    Re: Reds vs. Pirates Thursday 6/7

    What was the consensus here on not bunting Phillips?

    My first reaction was to let Phillips hit...mainly because Frazier hadn't looked good all night and you know they were walking Bruce. After thinking about it I think the bunt was still the right call. You gotta play it right and have faith in your players to do their job....if they screw up you deal with it.

  6. #425
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    487

    Re: Reds vs. Pirates Thursday 6/7

    Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    What was the consensus here on not bunting Phillips?

    My first reaction was to let Phillips hit...mainly because Frazier hadn't looked good all night and you know they were walking Bruce. After thinking about it I think the bunt was still the right call. You gotta play it right and have faith in your players to do their job....if they screw up you deal with it.
    No way should Phillips bunt there. Had 2 hits coming into the AB and if he gets on you have a legitmate chance to win not tie.

  7. #426
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    404

    Re: Reds vs. Pirates Thursday 6/7

    Phillips cost the Reds the game on both ends.

  8. #427
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    4,666

    Re: Reds vs. Pirates Thursday 6/7

    Quote Originally Posted by Who Dey Time View Post
    No way should Phillips bunt there. Had 2 hits coming into the AB and if he gets on you have a legitmate chance to win not tie.
    You have to advance that runner..bunting gives u best possibility.


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25