Turn Off Ads?
Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 192526272829

Thread: Reds vs. Pirates Thursday 6/7

Re: Reds vs. Pirates Thursday 6/7

Quote Originally Posted by chuck6660 View Post
    I don't see how you can believe that statement, with the real "Big Red Machine" I never had that feeling. The Reds themself expected to win every game during the '75-76' season's. The above statement is what's wrong with this current team! It's not OK to lose, yes it will happen, but never accept it.

Never said it was ok. Said never ment to win. You have games like that every season. Come on two guys hitting under .200 drive in winning run vs Chapman...

2. Turn Off Ads?

[QUOTE=40YrRedsFan;2621692]
    Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    Well they beat Chapman, gotta give em credit.

I don't give them credit at all. If our all or nothing (mostly nothing) offense
    could muster a hit (besides a solo HR) once in a while, we would be running away with the division.
    We are what we are....a first place team...

[QUOTE=40YrRedsFan;2621692]
    Well they beat Chapman, gotta give em credit.

I don't give them credit at all. If our all or nothing (mostly nothing) offense
    could muster a hit (besides a solo HR) once in a while, we would be running away with the division.
    Eh they got back to back doubles on Chapman, that is deserving of some credit.

That's not to say we didn't play a terrible game, we did.

What was the consensus here on not bunting Phillips?

My first reaction was to let Phillips hit...mainly because Frazier hadn't looked good all night and you know they were walking Bruce. After thinking about it I think the bunt was still the right call. You gotta play it right and have faith in your players to do their job....if they screw up you deal with it.

What was the consensus here on not bunting Phillips?

My first reaction was to let Phillips hit...mainly because Frazier hadn't looked good all night and you know they were walking Bruce. After thinking about it I think the bunt was still the right call. You gotta play it right and have faith in your players to do their job....if they screw up you deal with it.
    No way should Phillips bunt there. Had 2 hits coming into the AB and if he gets on you have a legitmate chance to win not tie.

Phillips cost the Reds the game on both ends.

Quote Originally Posted by Who Dey Time View Post
    No way should Phillips bunt there. Had 2 hits coming into the AB and if he gets on you have a legitmate chance to win not tie.
    You have to advance that runner..bunting gives u best possibility.

Turn Off Ads?