Turn Off Ads?
Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: Pirates at Reds 6-7-12

Re: Pirates at Reds 6-7-12

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    That one was on Phillips all the way. He took the throw at first and didn't focus on third at all. Heads up running by Bucs.
    Absolutely awesome play at third though.... Talk about being safe by a hangnail... Baseball has become a game of millimeters in the digital age....
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Posting from Southwest VA redsfaninbsg's Avatar

To this point in the series, the Pirates have out played the Reds
    This is the ol Left Hander rounding third and heading for home.

That probably is the winning run. These guys...never mind
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Again, it was nice of Dusty to leave Leake in the game. I'm sure his parents are pleased, his other family members, and all of Mike's friends.

But with the man on third in the seventh inning, the Reds needed the strike out. I would have brought in Arredondo to try and get it.

So Mike now has his seven innings, the bullpen is rested, everyone is happy, and the Reds are losing.

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Astros up 2-0 on the Cards in the 3rd.

I'd let Leake hit, he's better than any pinch hitter they have

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Cairo.

Hardly Mike's fault for that last run though. Except for whatever ailed him in the 4th he's pitched a great game.

I put this one on the offense AGAIN. Flailing away at first pitches, not hitting in situations, and finally a mental mistake in a tight game that should NEVER happen. Don't want to open that can of worms again, but its as if these guys don;t really worry abput the Pirates - they are like a lot of us - ehhh, its the Pirates.

I know I know - that's not probably true but it's the perception I get watching them - no urgency - no fire

Quote Originally Posted by RedlegJake View Post
    Hardly Mike's fault for that last run though. Except for whatever ailed him in the 4th he's pitched a great game.

I put this one on the offense AGAIN. Flailing away at first pitches, not hitting in situations, and finally a mental mistake in a tight game that should NEVER happen. Don't want to open that can of worms again, but its as if these guys don;t really worry abput the Pirates - they are like a lot of us - ehhh, its the Pirates.
    My thoughts exactly. And the Pirates know it and take advantage of it.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    That one was on Phillips all the way. He took the throw at first and didn't focus on third at all. Heads up running by Bucs.
    The irony is that Phillips has done that a time or two. Hopefully it won't be the difference in the game. Is it just me or is Thom going to be his father far too soon? I understand commenting on Phillips' failure to keep an eye on the runner, but Thom sounds far too ticked off about it.
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things.

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

Cairo batting .132 takes two strikes.

Then a ball.

Then a foul.

Then a ball.

2-2 count.

You watch. With Pitt playing Minnesota and us the Tigers, by the the end of the weekend they'll be in first place.
    www.ris-news.com
    -Beano Cook

Worst bench in the history of baseball.

Cairo with a soft liner to short. He's now hitting below zero, I think.

Turn Off Ads?