Turn Off Ads?
Page 9 of 29 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread: Reds vs. Tigers Friday 6/8

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

Re: Reds vs. Tigers Friday 6/8

Quote Originally Posted by Who Dey Time View Post
    This has zero to do with the trade which, by the way, is way too early to judge. Maker, as usual, is claiming this that are just flat out false. Quit defending it even if it meshes with your premature thought about the trade.
    No idea what you just tried to say.
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

2. Turn Off Ads?

nice play.

time to bring in lecure or simon

Finally!! Baker better not bring him out for another inning. However, the bull pen is down one person in Chapman.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigLebowski View Post
    Overcome your desire to defend a bad trade and look at his performance objectively. Volquez is out-pitching him, albeit in Petco which, ironically enough, is probably what made Latos look so appealing in the first place.

Plenty of people around here trumpeted the fact that Latos has a propensity to stink in the first month of the season....but we're 1/3 of the way through, month 3, and he's still just a very average pitcher. Meanwhile, we're left with a depleted farm system and his contract as opposed to Edinson's. Disaster.
    It's not about defending anything. Sometimes ground balls find holes, that's what's happening tonight. I wasn't commenting on his season or anything.

And I think people are looking at the trade the wrong way. We aren't even to the ASB in his first season here, lets take a look at it down the road and see how he does. I think he's gonna end up being good for us.

Oh and in that trade we sent away a pitcher we didn't want, a bat with nowhere to play that was blocked by Votto, a catcher blocked by Mesoraco, and a minor league reliever. Would you let a minor league reliever hold up a trade?

No idea what you just tried to say.
    My iPhone auto correct apologizes. Read it again.

cairo is a waste of space.

single by hanny!!

Hanigan is the man. I don't know why people think he would struggle further up the lineup.

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    It's not about defending anything. Sometimes ground balls find holes, that's what's happening tonight. I wasn't commenting on his season or anything.

And I think people are looking at the trade the wrong way. We aren't even to the ASB in his first season here, lets take a look at it down the road and see how he does. I think he's gonna end up being good for us.

Oh and in that trade we sent away a pitcher we didn't want, a bat with nowhere to play that was blocked by Votto, a catcher blocked by Mesoraco, and a minor league reliever. Would you let a minor league reliever hold up a trade?
    Because 2 of the 4 players we're "blocked" does not take away from their value. Both Grandal and Alonso were tremendously valuable trading chips. One might argue that Grandal should have been blocking Mes. They were valuable pieces. Boxberger projects as really good closer or, at worst, a useful reliever. Volquez is that siren song that temps GM after GM - that live arm that just needs the proper coaching. It's what coaxed Krivsky to ship the current AL MVP to Texas for his services.

Latos is a good pitcher, but he was not worth what we had to give up for him. Just because we had depth in Grandal's & Alonso's positions does not mean we should have given them up so cheaply. If that's the case, then this team needs to stop taking the BPA and draft based on organizational depth.
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

Latos can't get the bunt down

Because 2 of the 4 players we're "blocked" does not take away from their value. Both Grandal and Alonso were tremendously valuable trading chips. One might argue that Grandal should have been blocking Mes. They were valuable pieces. Boxberger projects as really good closer or, at worst, a useful reliever. Volquez is that siren song that temps GM after GM - that live arm that just needs the proper coaching. It's what coaxed Krivsky to ship the current AL MVP to Texas for his services.

Latos is a good pitcher, but he was not worth what we had to give up for him. Just because we had depth in Grandal's & Alonso's positions does not mean we should have given them up so cheaply. If that's the case, then this team needs to stop taking the BPA and draft based on organizational depth.
    This post might be relevant in 2-3 years. It is not relevant 2 months into the first season especially considering that Latos is still a very young pitcher.

Struggles on the mound. Struggles at the Plate. What gives Latos?

I don't want to grow up Red Raindog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LeDoux View Post
    Latos can't get the bunt down
    Fundamentals on this team have been lacking for a few years --- painful to watch sometimes
    The older I get - the better I was

and yes - I hate the Cardinals (Reds fan since 1958)

I miss Raisor

I don't want to grow up Red Raindog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Who Dey Time View Post
    This post might be relevant in 2-3 years. It is not relevant 2 months into the first season especially considering that Latos is still a very young pitcher.
    24 is too young to dump but we do need him to step up.
    The older I get - the better I was

and yes - I hate the Cardinals (Reds fan since 1958)

I miss Raisor

Turn Off Ads?