Turn Off Ads?
Page 33 of 34 FirstFirst ... 23293031323334 LastLast

Thread: Tigers @ Reds 6.8.12 "It's 1940 all over again!"

Re: Tigers @ Reds 6.8.12 "It's 1940 all over again!"

Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    I know you are. I'm a very young 56.
    Young 63. Play softball 3 times a week, but the memory...never mind.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

2. Turn Off Ads?

Didn't get to see the last half of the game but it was nice to hear that LeCure had a solid 2 inning outing. Seems like the back end of the pen has lost a little of their effectiveness over the last week+. Huge shot in the arm for the club. Hats off to him.

And I see on the replays that Valdez finally shaved that silly thing off his chin, although there does appear to be a raccoon on his head.

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by alloverjr View Post
    Since he hit it to right field, should it really count?

And since you brought them up on a few occaissions, the Pirates won.
    So what, they aren't going to win the division. I'm not saying they won't win games, I'm saying I could care less unless it's agaisnt the Reds.

Cairo hit a triple to right field. It's likelyt the only time he'll do that this year.

It's payback time for last night when two crappy Pirates took Chapman for extra bases.

That's my point. I can take the two hits last night, so I am grateful for the payback tonight.

Many here still complain about the bad luck last night, but are happy to accept the triple tonight.

You can't have it both ways.

Baseball has a ton of randomness in it. Accept it, or be misreable.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRedsFan View Post
    Play softball 3 times a week, but the memory...never mind.
    Yikes! Gave that game up 15 years ago. Congrats.

Didn't get to see the last half of the game but it was nice to hear that LeCure had a solid 2 inning outing. Seems like the back end of the pen has lost a little of their effectiveness over the last week+. Huge shot in the arm for the club. Hats off to him.

And I see on the replays that Valdez finally shaved that silly thing off his chin, although there does appear to be a raccoon on his head.
    Actually, LeCure pitched better than Latos or Arrendondo, surprisingly. Maybe the rest will do them some good. It was good to see Dusty with the early hook tonight, something that he had not done in the Pirate series.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Yikes! Gave that game up 15 years ago. Congrats.
    It's getting tougher and tougher, but my goal is to play until 65 and retire--if I live that long
    www.ris-news.com
    -Beano Cook

It's getting tougher and tougher, but my goal is to play until 65 and retire--if I live that long
    I'm rootin' fer ya'! That's how they say it in WV, right?

Seriously, that's good stuff.

I'm rootin' fer ya'! That's how they say it in WV, right?

Seriously, that's good stuff.
    . Only in certainly counties. Not mine.
    www.ris-news.com
    -Beano Cook

Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    So what, they aren't going to win the division. I'm not saying they won't win games, I'm saying I could care less unless it's agaisnt the Reds.

Cairo hit a triple to right field. It's likelyt the only time he'll do that this year.

It's payback time for last night when two crappy Pirates took Chapman for extra bases.

That's my point. I can take the two hits last night, so I am grateful for the payback tonight.

Many here still complain about the bad luck last night, but are happy to accept the triple tonight.

You can't have it both ways.

Baseball has a ton of randomness in it. Accept it, or be misreable.
    Big difference. Cairo is a rock god.

Btw, Edinson had a typical day in SD's game against The Brewers in Milwaukee. He went 5, allowing 6 hits and 6 ER's, walking 4. He's 2-6 now with a 3.96 ERA, mostly due to pitching in Petco. I'll take Mat any day of the week.
    www.ris-news.com
    -Beano Cook

Fun game. Best part for me was Cairo's reaction after his triple. You could see how important it was to him that he was finally contributing.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

Young 63. Play softball 3 times a week
    Wow! I'm impressed WV. I just turned 56, but had to give up softball about 8 years ago... "the spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak"

I needed an activity (hobby) though to take it's place, which is why I took up golf about 2 yrs ago. I have no idea what my golf OPS is though. LOL
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

I'll take Mat any day of the week.
    I will too. He pitched pretty solid; but had that very shaky 6th inning, especially from a pitch count perspective. But some of those "seeing eye" hits during that inning had me shaking my head. Tough luck.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    Fun game. Best part for me was Cairo's reaction after his triple. You could see how important it was to him that he was finally contributing.
    Yep. His slide at home was a smart play as well. Catcher had the plate blocked pretty well, but going in head first allowed him to reach his hand around and get the plate. Feet first and he may never have even reached the plate.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Yep. His slide at home was a smart play as well. Catcher had the plate blocked pretty well, but going in head first allowed him to reach his hand around and get the plate. Feet first and he may never have even reached the plate.
    Agreed. Tremendous slide. You can see Cairo battling his age, but this was a moment where his desire and his knowledge shone through. Overall, he's been a major plus in his role over the last two years -- I hope they manage to keep him in the organization.

Turn Off Ads?