Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Elliott Hargreaves

Elliott Hargreaves

I saw his name in the Goodyear lineup playing CF the other day and I knew he wasn't a draft pick and didn't think he was out of the Dominican, but for some reason the name seemed familiar. Then today, I was browsing through some of the farm system rosters and I noticed he was from Perth, Australia.

It started to come back to me. I believe he was one of a couple of Aussies the Reds signed a couple of years ago and there was a bit of a buzz around him. I notice that his B-Day is 04/01/94 which (from what I can see) makes him the youngest position player in the minors (not including the DSL).

Was wondering if anyone with a better memory than mine could kind of update us on this kid? Might turn out to be one of the more interesting stories coming out of the Rookie League squads this season.
    Last edited by corkedbat; 06-26-2012 at 02:00 AM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Elliott Hargreaves

Quote Originally Posted by corkedbat View Post
    I saw his name in the Goodyear lineup playing CF the other day and I knew he wasn't a draft pick and didn't think he was out of the Dominican, but for some reason the name seemed familiar. Then today, I was browsing through some of the farm system rosters and I noticed he was from Perth, Australia.

It started to come back to me. I believe he was one of a couple of Aussies the Reds signed a couple of years ago and there was a bit of a buzz around him. I notice that his B-Day is 04/01/94 which (from what I can see) makes him the youngest position player in the minors (not including the DSL).

Was wondering if anyone with a better memory than mine could kind of update us on this kid? Might turn out to be one of the more interesting stories coming out of the Rookie League squads this season.
    Here's the thread from 2010:

http://www.redszone.com/forums/showt...ott+Hargreaves
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things.

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

Wow, I totally missed that original thread about Hargreaves. I was looking through the Reds yearbook the other day, and I was wondering why they had Australian scouts listed in the organization.

The Kennelly kid on the AZL roster is another Australian -- also from the Perth area, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by lollipopcurve View Post
    The Kennelly kid on the AZL roster is another Australian -- also from the Perth area, I think.
    Does that make them mithing Perthons? (Thorry.)

Quote Originally Posted by mace View Post
    Does that make them mithing Perthons? (Thorry.)
    Not sure. But it seems like something worth Perthuing.

Turn Off Ads?