Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Bob Welch dies: Former Fleetwood Mac guitarist, 'Ebony Eyes' singer

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Bob Welch dies: Former Fleetwood Mac guitarist, 'Ebony Eyes' singer

Former Fleetwood Mac guitarist and singer Bob Welch has been found dead in Nashville of an apparent suicide, according to the Nashville Police Department. The musician, who worked with the band in the early 1970s and later had hit solo songs such as "Ebony Eyes," was 66 years old.
    http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/musi...singer--1.html

Bob Welch - Ebony Eyes - YouTube
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Stat geek...and proud
    Love Ebony Eyes. Great song. Also, although his stuff when the Mac is mostly forgotten since it's like everything pre-Buckingham/Nicks no longer exists, check out Hypnotized. Good song, was a semi AOR radio hit you don't hear anymore. (that would be good for that other thread)

Re: Bob Welch dies: Former Fleetwood Mac guitarist, 'Ebony Eyes' singer

Two notable rock musicians have died via suicide over the last couple of months. First it was Ronnie Montrose, and now Welch. Sad.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Re: Bob Welch dies: Former Fleetwood Mac guitarist, 'Ebony Eyes' singer

"Oh Well" was also from his days with Fleetwood Mac, and "Sentimental Lady", which was a pretty big solo hit for him, was originally recorded as a Fleetwood Mac song. "Sentimental Lady" is one of those songs that sticks in my head for weeks after I heard it.

"Hypnotized" was always one of my favorite Fleetwood Mac songs because of its spooky vibe. A Bob Welch solo version of it is still on my Rhapsody playlist. When I saw his name trending on Yahoo yesterday, I was afraid he had died. It's been a long time since I've heard his name.
    Last edited by tixe; 06-09-2012 at 10:34 AM.
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

Turn Off Ads?