Turn Off Ads?
Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 222829303132

Thread: Reds vs Tigers...Sunday Night Baseball

malingered here too long malcontent's Avatar

Re: Reds vs Tigers...Sunday Night Baseball

Quote Originally Posted by Ironman92 View Post
    We got a decent break calling out Cabrera at 2nd....saved a run
    That's true. Though I would have liked to see another replay there as well.

What did they have tonight...two cameras?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by RedsFanInBama View Post
    T Bullpen let us down two days in a row.
    You're right. The left handed Marshall's inability to to get the left handed Fielder was a big blow yesterday and he failed again today.
    As far as Ondrusek and Arrendondo are concerned, you could see this coming. They're both pitching like its September and their arms are dead.

And I don't know whats going on with Chapman. Not good. At least Homer bounced back nicely.

Is anyone else getting a bad feeling in their gut as you watch this team? It's deja vu, 2011 all over again; last season in May the Reds were in first, Jay Bruce was hitting like Babe Ruth and Reds were no. 5 in Fox sports Power Rankings...then the wheels came off and the Little Red Machine finished under .500 the rest of the season

This off-season the FO made "significant" moves: Madson, Ludwick, Marshall, Latos, Valdez and of course Wilson, now how have those moves worked out?
    The Reds have too many holes in the dike and not enough fingers. when they get good pitching (last night) the hitting isn't there...when they get the runs the pitching fails (tonight).

Time to start jumping on the Indians band wagon?

Quote Originally Posted by chuck6660 View Post
    Is anyone else getting a bad feeling in their gut as you watch this team? It's deja vu, 2011 all over again; last season in May the Reds were in first, Jay Bruce was hitting like Babe Ruth and Reds were no. 5 in Fox sports Power Rankings...then the wheels came off and the Little Red Machine finished under .500 the rest of the season

This off-season the FO made "significant" moves: Madson, Ludwick, Marshall, Latos, Valdez and of course Wilson, now how have those moves worked out?
    The Reds have too many holes in the dike and not enough fingers. when they get good pitching (last night) the hitting isn't there...when they get the runs the pitching fails (tonight).

The 2010 team took a few punch to the gut losses and always responded right after them.

The division isn't that good this year, we'll be alright.

And I'm not second guessing Dusty for taking out Bailey when he did. The only thing he could have done is left Arredondo in to face Fielder...lefties don't really hit Arredondo at all. But those guys just needed to get outs and couldn't do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    The division isn't that good this year, we'll be alright.
    That doesn't make me feel any better. I think .500 might actually win the division with Garcia's injury but I will only measure the Reds against the Reds. And right now there are some folks that are not doing their jobs- Bruce, Marshall, Ondrusek, Heisey, Leake, Latos, Baker and Walt.

Quote Originally Posted by malcontent View Post
    That's true. Though I would have liked to see another replay there as well.

What did they have tonight...two cameras?
    I slow-mo'd it to 1/15th speed and his foot and the tag were the same time and the tag left his leg just after he left the bag....to get back in time.

I don't like the angle they sometimes get on that call....the ump is pretty well blocked by the runner's back/shoulder

As for Dusty...bringing in Cairo for Frazier bothers me greatly.....but oh well. I know we had zero bench...but I wish Dusty or Luddy would've just went nuts on Angel.

Quote Originally Posted by BluegrassRedleg View Post
    Speaking of which... Where has Hoover been lately?
    Quote Originally Posted by chuck6660 View Post

I'd rather die than come anywhere close to the Indians bandwagon. White Sox our my AL team if i had any

As long as umps like the one last night behind the plate is able to have an actual impact on the results, MLB is nothing more then pro wrestling. Right now the integrity of the game is on the line with the continual allowance of the wrong calls continuing.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman View Post
    That doesn't make me feel any better. I think .500 might actually win the division with Garcia's injury but I will only measure the Reds against the Reds. And right now there are some folks that are not doing their jobs- Bruce, Marshall, Ondrusek, Heisey, Leake, Latos, Baker and Walt.
    Bruce is Bruce..he is going to have peak's and valley's and nothing is going to change. Marshall is fine, it's Dusty's refusal to let him pitch. He gave up a hit to a very good hitter in Prince. Logan is struggling a bit but all players do. Heisey is being asked to play out of position which I think is impacting his hitting. Leake is pitching fine and so is Latos, he pitched a strong game Friday night against the Tigers. Baker and Walt are whom they have been, and both need to be removed, but that ain't happening...

Don't forget about Jays horrible throw to the plate at least 6 ft up the 3rd base line and Mes was still a C hair away from getting the out. That should have been about as routine as it gets for an outfield putout.
    And last week against Pitt he throws a lollipop to BP and turns a double into a triple.

Turn Off Ads?