Turn Off Ads?
Page 23 of 42 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast

Thread: Tigers at Reds 6/10/12 (Sunday Night Baseball)

Re: Tigers at Reds 6/10/12 (Sunday Night Baseball)

Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    If you listen to him, he was saying that Mes didn't tag him, as opposed to calling him safe. Though I believe the usual thing is to make no call which signifies the same thing.
    No it is NOT the same thing. A home umpire does not signal at home till the runner touches the plate safely, that way you know you still have a play. With a safe signal the play is over. Very poor umpiring.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

I let Logan start the inning. I only bring in Aroldis if he gets into trouble. Then I turn the missile key into the launch position for the 9th.

Arredondo was more wild last year but I agree that when his control is bad hes bad.
    "Losing feels worse than winning feels good." -Vin Scully

I think you are wrong. Other than the last 2 singles to Fielder, he's been lights out.
    Yep. Hadn't given up a hit in ten outings before yesterday.
    "I think we’re starting to get to the point where people are starting to get tired of this stretch of ball,” Votto said. “I think something needs to start changing and start going in a different direction. I’m going to do my part to help make that change.”

Quote Originally Posted by _Sir_Charles_ View Post
    I let Logan start the inning. I only bring in Aroldis if he gets into trouble. Then I turn the missile key into the launch position for the 9th.
    This^
    "Losing feels worse than winning feels good." -Vin Scully

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Cloninger View Post
    I do not like using so many pitchers in the same inning either....and Marshall is no LOOGY...... but Jose does himself no favors walking people.

Jose is wild.
    Marshall is more hittable this year and Logan tends to get tired fast. They are all good but they have their bad warts. Would you do Chapman for the 2 inning save?
    I'm letting Logan try to get the bottom of the order in the 8th and let Chapman go after the meat of the order in the 9th.
    "In our sundown perambulations of late, through the outer parts of Brooklyn, we have observed several parties of youngsters playing 'base', a certain game of ball. Let us go forth awhile, and get better air in our lungs. Let us leave our close rooms, the game of ball is glorious"
    -Walt Whitman

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsfaninMT View Post
    No it is NOT the same thing. A home plate does not signal at home till the runner touches the plate safely, that way you know you still have a play. With a safe signal the play is over. Very poor umpiring.
    I beelive that is what I said.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Cloninger View Post
    I do not like using so many pitchers in the same inning either....and Marshall is no LOOGY...... but Jose does himself no favors walking people.

Jose is wild.
    Marshall is more hittable this year and Logan tends to get tired fast. They are all good but they have their bad warts. Would you do Chapman for the 2 inning save?
    I think Dusty plans to use Chapman tonight, possibly for two innings. He's well rested.

I haven't been on the game thread much tonight, but Dusty handled that inning properly. And Marshall has been fine as a set up man, just has had trouble with Fielder.

However, Arredondo with the walks. Can't keep happening or he'll find himself in the Simon role.

Quote Originally Posted by DGullett35 View Post
    Yea but now it seems as if hes struggling to get a single out. This guy was the best reliever in baseball for a couple years or at least close to it
    I've said for years that paying big (not that they paid big for Marshall--that's up for debate) for relief pitching is not good. You just never know what you're going to get. That said, I think Marshall will be OK. He was facing a tough cookie there.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Freak View Post
    I'm letting Logan try to get the bottom of the order in the 8th and let Chapman go after the meat of the order in the 9th.
    Nor much choice.

Quote Originally Posted by DGullett35 View Post
    Yea but now it seems as if hes struggling to get a single out. This guy was the best reliever in baseball for a couple years or at least close to it
    Don't you know by now....ALL Walt trades with the Reds do not work out. Or it just seems like it.

He has actually pitched way better in the set up.....but he pitches in tight games ...and one mistake has been costing him.

Scoring change on an earlier play as they changed the error on Phillips in the 4th to an infield hit

Nor much choice.
    Sam LeCure will be happy to pitch...
    "I think we’re starting to get to the point where people are starting to get tired of this stretch of ball,” Votto said. “I think something needs to start changing and start going in a different direction. I’m going to do my part to help make that change.”

Quote Originally Posted by mbgrayson View Post
    Sam LeCure will be happy to pitch...
    But I'd prefer Logan get the chance.

I think you are wrong. Other than the last 2 singles to Fielder, he's been lights out.
    This and the one yesterday was a bloop.

Turn Off Ads?