Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Former Reds Farm Hands...

Resident PED Expert

Former Reds Farm Hands...

Thought I'd start a thread and update it throughout the season of former prospects and what they are doing in the Minors now... I'll only be going back as far as 2007 players that were Released or Traded... Also keeping the age restriction to no older than 27 this year. If I miss anyone feel free to add...

Jason Bour (23) C (Released) - Currently with the White Sox. Playing in High A Winston Salem...
    Current slash is .373 / .590 / .963

Brandon Waring (24) 1B (Traded) - Currently with the Orioles. Playing in AA Bowie...
    Current slash is .306 / .415 / .721

Humberto Sosa (24) 1B (Released) - Playing in the AAA Mexican League with Petroleros de Minatitlan...
    Current slash is .347 / .421 / .768

Byron Wiley (23) OF (Released) - Currently with the Diamondbacks. Playing in High A Visalia...
    Current slash is .405 / .371 / .776

Danny Perales (25) OF (Released) - Currently with Blue Jays. Playing in AA New Hampshire...
    Current slash is .313 / .469 / . 781

Henry Arias (25) RP (Released) - Currently with Twins. Suspened in AA New Britain...
    ERA of 13.89 in 11.2 innings

Zack Stewart (23) SP (Traded) - Currently with Blue Jays. Playing in AA New Hampshire...
    13 Starts / 4-2 W-L / ERA of 4.50 / WHIP 1.44 / 1.12 GO/FO Ratio

Justin Turner (25) 2B (Traded) - Currently with Mets. Playing in AAA Buffalo...
    Current slash is .355 /.386 / .742

Marcos Mateo (26) RP (Traded) - Currently with Cubs. Disabled in AA Tennessee...
    ERA of 4.02 / 4 BB / 18 K in 15.2 Innings

Pedro Viola (27) RP (Released) - Currently with Orioles. Playing in AA Bowie...
    ERA of 10.67 in 14.1 innings

Adam Rosales (27) 2B (Traded) - Currently with A's. Playing in the Majors...
    Current slash is .322 /.388 / .710

Miguel Perez (26) C (Free Agent) - Currently with Indians. Playing in AA Akron...
    Current slash is .375 /.400 / .775

Drew M. Anderson (27) 2B (Free Agent) - Currently with Rays. Playing in AA Montgomery...
    Current slash is .362 /.401 / .763

Craig Tatum (27) C (Released) - Currently with Orioles. Playing in the Majors...
    Current slash is .326 / .216 / .542

Cody Strait (27) OF (Traded) - Currently with Rays. Playing in AA Montgomery...
    Current slash is .267 /.278 / .545 (Just noticed he was released about a month ago.)

Ramon Ramierez (27) RP (Released) - Currently with Red Sox. Playing in AAA Pawtucket...
    ERA of 5.50 in 17 Games / WHIP of 1.70

Josh Roenicke (27) RP (Traded) - Currently with Blue Jays. Playing in AAA Las Vegas...
    ERA of 0.93 In 19.1 innings with 23 K's

Robert Manuel (26) RP (Traded) - Currently with Red Sox. Playing in AAA Pawtucket...
    ERA of 0.98 in 36.2 innings with 31 K's (GO/AO Ratio of 0.30 WOW)

Pedro Lopez (26) 3B/SS (Relaesed) - Currently with Nationals. Playing in AAA Syracuse...
    Current slash of .266 / .264 / .530

Elizardo Ramirez (27) SP (Free Agent) - Currently with Rangers. Playing in AAA Oklahoma City...
    ERA of 5.45 in 34.2 innings WHIP of 1.41

Danny Richar (27) 2B (Released) - Currently with Marlins. Playing in AAA New Orleans...
    Current slash of .338 / .426 / .764

Wes Bankston (26) OF (Released) - Currently with the Rangers. Playing in AA Frisco...
    Current slash of .285 / .369 / .654

That's it for now. I'll update about once a month...
    Last edited by nemesis; 06-22-2010 at 03:31 PM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Former Reds Farm Hands...

Thank you, nemesis. This is a great reference. Here are some other potential names to add to the list:
    David Patton (was a rule five pick and then quickly sold to the Cubs)
    Norris Hopper (traded for Corky Miller; is playing for Milwaukee's AAA team)
    Marcus McBeth (lost on waivers to the Red Sox; is playing for Oakland's AAA team)
    Drew T. Anderson (playing for Milwaukee's AAA team)
    Luis Bolivar (playing in Atlanta's system)

great thread man! very cool to see.

the only suggestion i might give you is for the players that have been traded, to indicate who they were traded for. i remember seeing all of those names at 1 point or another, but for quite a few them, i don't recall who they were traded for.

other than that, great post!

That was a very interesting update on those players.

Nice thread and good job.

Craig Tatum was picked up off of waivers (taken off the 40 man) by the O's from us. Good to see Adam Rosales doing well and still wonder what might have been on Pedro Lopez I thought he looked like a solid kid until he get drilled in the face by the Brewers relief arm whose name escapes me (Matt, Mike or something). Also Miguel Perez I hoped would figure it out with the bat enough to be solid major league backstop, seemed he was an excellent defender.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

another name is Brandon Roberts, AA CF for the Minnesota Twins. I think he was traded for Juan Castro.

BTW, are Calvin Medlock, Carlos Guevarra, and Brad Salmon now out of baseball?

Resident PED Expert

Medlock and Guevarra are, Salmon is in the Mexican Minors.

justin turner went 6-6 tonight while hitting for the cycle. Oddly enough he only had 1 rbi, my guess is willy taveras must be hitting in front of him.

Did the Reds give up on Danny Perales too early? What about Jerry Gil? They're both succeeding for Toronto's AAA affiliate. In fact, Jerry Gil is walking less than 2/9IP. That's a far cry from the 8.2BB/9IP from 2010.

-The Insider-

Former minor leaguer, the slick-fielding Jose Castro, was released by the Chicago White Sox last week. He hit around .200 between Double-A Birmingham and Triple-A Charlotte.

Turn Off Ads?