Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: 6/12/2012 Reds vs Native Americans

6/12/2012 Reds vs Native Americans

Reds Fan Since 1971

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: 6/12/2012 Reds vs Native Americans

Tuesday's ‪#Reds‬ Lineup vs Indians: Heisey 8, Valdez 6, Votto 3, Phillips 4, Bruce 9, Frazier 5, Ludwick 7, Hanigan 2, Cueto 1

https://twitter.com/Reds/status/212627804599226368

Who needs OBP in front of Votto, anyway?
    Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Thus his team was punished
    Long live punishment
    Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Cut back on booze and pizza?
    Good god man get a hold of yourself

They are batting 8 lefties/switch hitters against a tough righty?

Hey, that's not fair!

Quote Originally Posted by Plus Plus View Post
    Tuesday's ‪#Reds‬ Lineup vs Indians: Heisey 8, Valdez 6, Votto 3, Phillips 4, Bruce 9, Frazier 5, Ludwick 7, Hanigan 2, Cueto 1

Maybe Votto finds runners leading off of bases distracting to his hitting process. Shouldn't have to worry about that tonight!
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

Fay mentioned that 5 or 6 guys are battling flu-like symptoms. Stubbs is one of those guys, and he was at Kings Island yesterday with Ondrusek, Frazier, BP, Bruce, and someone else...Heisey?

Wonder if those are the same guys who are sick?

Quote Originally Posted by Plus Plus View Post

No, bad Dusty.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Party like it's 1990 Blitz Dorsey's Avatar

Dusty's lineup construction continues to be my biggest gripe about him. If you need to play Valdez, bat him 8th. How difficult is that to figure out? This "CF/SS must bat 1/2" is beyond ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Blitz Dorsey View Post
    Dusty's lineup construction continues to be my biggest gripe about him. If you need to play Valdez, bat him 8th. How difficult is that to figure out? This "CF/SS must bat 1/2" is beyond ridiculous.
    There aren't too many choices. Hanigan could hit near the top, although he's slid a bit lately.

To me, without change in personnel, I'd do the following: move Phillips back to lead off. Put Frazier at cleanup, or Bruce fourth/Frazier fifth.

This would require the Reds to buy into (for now) the idea that Frazier's success is real. I would do this. Frazier has been good enough for the middle of the order and if he slides back, then make another adjustment later.

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    There aren't too many choices. Hanigan could hit near the top, although he's slid a bit lately.

To me, without change in personnel, I'd do the following: move Phillips back to lead off. Put Frazier at cleanup, or Bruce fourth/Frazier fifth.

This would require the Reds to buy into (for now) the idea that Frazier's success is real. I would do this. Frazier has been good enough for the middle of the order and if he slides back, then make another adjustment later.
    Very nice. Like Blitz said, "how difficult is that?" I don't pretend that I could be a MLB manager but I can't think of any legit reason for Valdez and his CAREER .285 OBP to bat second. He's practically a pitcher-caliber bat.
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

Yikes...apparently Stubbs, Cozart, and Votto are three of the sick guys. Votto is playing though.

Dusty has to go.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Senor Votto

Tempted not to even watch this game. Valdez 2nd? Come the hell on Dusty. You can't be that dumb (Valdez probably gets 4-4 now but still).

Heisey and Valdez. The Reds' two worst hitters in tonight's lineup by OPS. Right there at the top of the batting order. The Reds' legendary slugger Bronson Arroyo has a better OBP (.238) and OPS (.449) than Valdez.

But you know that Dusty wants to get the running game going! Those poor Indians. Their pitchers must be terrified of Valdez getting his first stolen base of the year if he somehow gets on base. And surely they know that Heisey already has one stolen base, and to think that we're not even quite two and half months into the season!

Just be glad that Rolen isn't back yet or we'd probably be looking at Heisey, Valdez, Votto, Rolen.

I really think Cueto is getting screwed in this batting order. Johnny is really fast and has almost no ability to get on base except as a pinch runner. Dusty should put him near the top of the order in front of Votto if he wants to be consistent.

Choo double
    Cabrera ground out to 3rd
    Kipnis single to left, 1-0 Tribe
    Santana K's.
    Brantley grounds out to 2nd.

1-0 to the bottom of 1.
    Last edited by Tom Servo; 06-12-2012 at 07:20 PM.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Turn Off Ads?