Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Fire dusty baker now!!

Fire dusty baker now!!

Why on earth is Dusty Baker the manager of any team let alone MY BELOVED CINCINNATI REDS???

Sunday we watched as he panicked on the heals of a great performance from Homer Bailey to rip through the RP arms.

Tonight, Johnny Cueto pitches all nine frames in an 120+ pitch effort...WHY?

Fire Dusty Baker...
    "Sometimes, it's not the sexiest moves that put you over the top," Krivsky said. "It's a series of transactions that help you get there."

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Fire dusty baker now!!

In.

Sunday was bad but I'd be willing to bet that we won't see Arredondo, Marshall and Logan all pitch in the same inning of a game again the rest of the year.

I'm really fine with Dusty letting Cueto go in the 9th.The pitch count was a little high but not record breaking.Cueto isn't a rookie and at least from this fans prospective, was looking strong.

I'm no Dusty Baker fan but you don't fire your manager for going 1-1 and making a few questionable decisions along the way.
    Last edited by Captain Hook; 06-13-2012 at 12:27 AM.

I have no problem at all with Dusty letting Cueto finish it. And I don't blame Dusty for the failures of Sunday as much as I do the guys who he brough in to pitch.

Were they high leveraged innings?

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

So he went through a bunch of bullpen arms?

Each time he brought in a new guy the match up was better.

He didn't run out of pitchers, what difference did it make?

If he had left in the same guy(s) and failed everyone would have said he should have switched pitchers more.

The pitchers failed, not Dusty.

Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    So he went through a bunch of bullpen arms?

Each time he brought in a new guy the match up was better.

He didn't run out of pitchers, what difference did it make?

If he had left in the same guy(s) and failed everyone would have said he should have switched pitchers more.

The pitchers failed, not Dusty.
    Semantics, because I know that we disagree on this point, but Arredondo has been better than Marshall, both in 2012 and in their careers, at getting LHB out. Add in Marshall's earlier failure against Fielder in the series, and...
    Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Thus his team was punished

Long live punishment
    Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    The base you want to acquire is home.

Cueto really didn't have a difficult inning after the 1st and even that wasn't too hard.He allowed two hits along with the lone run for the Indians there and in the following eight innings he only allowed four hits with no more then one in any inning.No walks for Johnny tonight.

Not from what I saw. Most of the night he was cruising.

In response to the OP: Pitch counts are a good thing to keep an eye on but having some hard set limit isn't the way to go. Not every pitcher is the same, and not every inning is stressful. Yes, 122 is a bit on the high side but it's not like Cueto has been out there going 130+ for the whole season. Every once in a while you can have a guy go a little longer and it's not the end of the world.

And you'll never find a manager who won't occasionally let a guy go a little deeper into the pitch count if he's cruising and got the chance for a complete game. Yes, some guys may not be as lenient, but there doesn't exist a manager who would never let a guy go past some imaginary line in the sand on occasion.
    Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Don't worry. I'd say the game threads are about league average.
    2013 Reds Record when I attend: 5-4
    2012 Reds Record when I attend: 10-7

Quote Originally Posted by kbrake View Post
    I have no problem at all with Dusty letting Cueto finish it. And I don't blame Dusty for the failures of Sunday as much as I do the guys who he brough in to pitch.
    This. Props to Dusty for letting him close it out, imo.

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Plus Plus View Post
    Semantics, because I know that we disagree on this point, but Arredondo has been better than Marshall, both in 2012 and in their careers, at getting LHB out. Add in Marshall's earlier failure against Fielder in the series, and...
    Marshall gave up a bloop single to Fielder earlier, but had been something like 5-20 off him before. Plus Fielder is, in his caerer, worse off LH pitching. You have to look at it both ways.

The game was lost in the 8th inning when the best reliever in baseball gave up 4 straight baserunners. it happens, we lost with the best, as it should have been.

Dusty Baker is history's greatest monster.
    "Since I've been with the Reds in 1989, we've never had a farm system this loaded," Bowden said. "If we were the New York Yankees and had unlimited dollars, we could have traded for Colon, (Jeff) Weaver, Rolen, (Cliff) Floyd, (Kenny) Rogers and Finley and gotten them all -- and still held onto our top five prospects. That's an amazing statement."

He barely broke a sweat. Why are some people so dead set on never allowing a pitcher to ever throw 120 pitches again?

What happened to the good ole days when 122 was a low pitch count?
    "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser."

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Dusty Baker is history's greatest monster.
    The Ed Gein of the diamond, the Caligula of the sandlot.

Turn Off Ads?