Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Facebook pet peeves

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

Re: Facebook pet peeves

Or- the dude who is everywhere and thinks he's cool. "Standing in line at LAX, about to board plane for Bangkok then off to Hawaii for the month!"

2. Turn Off Ads?

Can't believe I'm the first one to mention this one.

Posting pictures every night of the dinner you made, usually captioned with a "YES PLEASE!" Or "Look how vegan I am!"
    Benzinger backing and calling! And the 1990 world championship series belongs to the Cincinnati Reds!

I think I'm going to take all the pet peeves from this thread and create a "Facebook Super Status" that embodies everyones listed pet peeves soon, just to get back at everyone.
    Benzinger backing and calling! And the 1990 world championship series belongs to the Cincinnati Reds!

Do any of you have the friend who complains about their job and they're really the one who's wrong?

I have a friend who sells cars and all he does is complain on facebook about people saying they are just coming in to look, as if the only way you should be on a car lot is if you're ready to buy right then. Buying a car might be the worst process known to man, and it isn't the customer that makes it that way. "Oh let me check with my manager..." as if the guy whose job it is to sell can't make any decisions without leaving you there while he goes and has a private conversation with some dude wearing a tie from the Clinton era.

Like, sure, customers are a pain, but you're the one that stuck a $17500 sticker on the car and when I ask about it you say, yes you get that price with a $3500 down payment on top of the $17500...unreal a car salesman complaining about the customer....
    Last edited by Dom Heffner; 06-14-2012 at 08:43 AM.

You're being very UnDude. sonny's Avatar
    Farm Mob Fish Pet Zoo Ville
    Witty signature.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Heffner View Post

The prayer requests are dreadful..... Just not the time or place.
    Really, prayer requests aren't the place? Please explain that one.

Quote Originally Posted by sonny View Post
    Farm Mob Fish Pet Zoo Ville
    You can block those. Go to your settings.

Overactive users. I can truat that any time I go to FB I will see a page full of posrs from 3 people who will crowd the others out. It was 4 intil two days ago.
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

On the prayer requests-- If someone is ill, going for surgery, going through a traumatic time in their life I don't find anything wrong with this. Prayer requests for job interviews, dogs, court appearances for a DUI that you committed, etc Not OK

The parents with one kid under the age of 1 year old, who constantly post pictures of their kid doing things like eating the remote control, with the caption "How can I possibly love someone more" in an album that is titled "I love you more than anything"

Dog advocates, that are looking for homes for pitbulls. I have two friends involved in these rescue operations, and I just want to express my extreme dislike of pitbulls, no matter how well they were raised.

The person trying to win something, who must post updates to his status 10 times daily that show pictures from something or somewhere that I don't give a flip about.

The person that thinks all those photoshopped pictures of soldiers, their widows, their widowed kids, widowed dogs, or their graves are real, and must constantly post them.

Chick getting married who constantly writes "In x days I will marry my best friend." Stab me please.

Gay guy who shares his crazy dream fantasies. Zombies and Dudes making out. Nuff said.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

Quote Originally Posted by tixe View Post
    Overactive users. I can truat that any time I go to FB I will see a page full of posrs from 3 people who will crowd the others out. It was 4 intil two days ago.
    This.

I got FB-friended from nieces and nephews which is all well and fine. But I finally turned off their news feed because they post incessantly.

On a related note, don't post photos of you tongue-kissing and getting fondled by boy or girl friend. Or partying heavily. Uncle Roy doesn't want to see these things. I knew you as a little kid.
    Last edited by Roy Tucker; 06-14-2012 at 01:38 PM.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Really, prayer requests aren't the place? Please explain that one.
    For me religion isn't something that should be bandied about on a social network where you have people of differing faiths, believers/non-believers...

I don't find it offensive, but it gets tiring seeing all the prayer requests for very trivial things- track meets, job interviews, etc.

As the prior poster said if it's cancer or something I can see it, but what I'm talking about is the stuff that is everyday stuff.

We should have a thread on prayer- we can talk about how it's changed nothing.

I think some of you guys just hate people
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed View Post
    I think some of you guys just hate people
    People are the worst.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    I'm to the point where I block anyone an FB who is pregnant. Pregnant women on FB are a huge pet peeve of mine -- so many of them overshare every detail of the pregnancy (cravings, kicks, etc.) and subject my timeline to barrages of ultrasound pictures and (worse) pictures of them in "artful" poses exposing their stomachs as they go along.

Each of these posts always floats to the top of my timeline because, inevitably, all of their girlfriends post comment after comment all following the same general structure:

1. "Lookin' / Looking good mama!"
    2. "I can't wait to meet him/her." (really -- you "meet" an infant?)
    3. "I remember when I went through (insert aspect of pregnancy here) and how much I hated/liked it!"
    4. "It's all worthwhile once you can hold him/her"

It's nonsense and attention-seeking drivel.
    This should be posted in Facebook's Terms of Service.
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

What am I allowed to post about?

Turn Off Ads?