Turn Off Ads?
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Facebook pet peeves

Re: Facebook pet peeves

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanmia View Post
    One of my friends constantly posts about how either she is sick or her kids are sick or how horrible her kids are, pretty sure she has Munchhausen syndrome.
    My wife is always talking about how sick people in our family are. Drives me crazy.

Typical post "Another day, another sinus headache"

Another one in general is people that post about where projectile vomit from their children ended up, and what time they had to clean it.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by LoganBuck View Post
    Another one in general is people that post about where projectile vomit from their children ended up, and what time they had to clean it.
    A girl I went to college with once posted about her baby's "poopsplosion". That warranted an immediate defriending.

I realize this may be limited to my sphere of social interaction, but actresses (it's always actresses) who post albums full of gorgeous, highly retouched headshots under the guise of "Help me pick, I can't choose!!" also get an immediate defriending. Not only is this annoying and attention-seeking, it's unprofessional.
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

7 minutes ago

In exactly one year, I will marry my best friend Let the countdown begin!
    Can't wait!

Some people confuse the difference between Facebook and Twitter, I think. IMO, a Facebook status should be posted infrequently and it should carry some weight. Keep your whimsical thoughts on Twitter where I can simply not follow you...

Quote Originally Posted by pedro View Post
    I hate that if a friend comments on a status or likes a photo of one of their friends that I don't know it shows up in my news feed unless I explicitly go and change my settings for that "friendship".
    I agree if we are specifically talking about a friend of a friend, but I do enjoy seeing what my friends "like" on pages, such as those for a movie, band, etc. I think that's a great way to be exposed to something new.

That said, I'm one of those people who checks Facebook at least ten times a day, so I like to have a constantly fresh news feed...

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed View Post
    I think some of you guys just hate people
    Guilty as charged.

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post
    Can we just turn this thread into status updates we read like this one?
    I like this idea, but I think we should throw in some examples of good posts.

My cousin posted this today:

"I just spent 20 minutes explaining 'light years' to someone on YouTube...might not have been the best use of my time."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

People who post "Happy birthday to my beautiful, amazing wife! I'm so excited to see the next 70 birthdays!!!" while their wife is sitting on the other side of the couch.

Whenever I feel like my life sucks I go to FB and look at the miserable dregs on there posting about their pathetic lives and suddenly I feel better about myself.

"I gotta go to bed now, I got a busy day tomorrow, I hope everyone has a good weekend"
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by George Anderson View Post
    Whenever I feel like my life sucks I go to FB and look at the miserable dregs on there posting about their pathetic lives and suddenly I feel better about myself.

"I gotta go to bed now, I got a busy day tomorrow, I hope everyone has a good weekend"
    They work at a hammer factory? Strange job.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    They work at a hammer factory? Strange job.
    No that is just the reaction I feel towards people that post things like they were going to bed and they have a busy day tomorrow. Thanks for wasting 10 seconds of my life telling me something I could care less about.
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

You're being very UnDude. sonny's Avatar
    Posting a massive amount of old pictures you found in your mothers basement. I don't really care to see current pictures of you, what will my reaction be to the ones during sophomore flag corp camp?
    Witty signature.

Quote Originally Posted by sonny View Post
    Posting a massive amount of old pictures you found in your mothers basement. I don't really care to see current pictures of you, what will my reaction be to the ones during sophomore flag corp camp?
    I guess the last few pages sum up my feelings about facebook. If a lot of the peeves mentioned are bothersome, it's likely the person really isn't a true friend. Facebook is more mirage than miracle of technology. A lot of the peeves can basically be summed up as too much info about someone that really isn't important in my life. You'd be giddy to see news about your daughter's ultrasound. The niece of a highschool acquaintance you haven't actually talked to in 20 years? Not so much. While the privacy settings are a pain especially since they always seem to get tweaked without warning it was kind of empowering to know that you could manage who sees what. Then it dawns on you that others are also selectively sharing so even the mirage of interacting is even further from true interaction in reality. Some people might even be on a friend list but essentially not sharing anything. Facebook even decides what you "should" see based upon what "you" find most interesting. What's the point? We're mostly just an avatar on someone's friends list while facebook greedily stores data it can sell or worse share with the government. Frankly it's kind of uninteresting and for the pleasure, it's way too costly.

Now someone needs to start another thread where we complain about how search engines are no longer honest either.... Now get off of my cyberlawn!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by jojo; 06-16-2012 at 11:19 AM.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

My 23 year old cousin who has five DWI convictions posting pictures of herself at the bar

Quote Originally Posted by sonny View Post
    Similar to one of my pet peeves: when my mother posts a bunch of old pictures of me that she found in the basement. I want everyone to forget about that stage of my development, mom.

Turn Off Ads?