Turn Off Ads?
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: Facebook pet peeves

Re: Facebook pet peeves

Has anyone switched to Google+? I like the circles of friends and the way it is organized. But, Facebook is so ubiquitous that it probably won't be going away anytime soon.
    Variatio delectat - Cicero

2. Turn Off Ads?

Facebook is a catch-22. I enjoy reading/watching the articles/videos posted by people I know, but there is also a lot of noise that I could do without.

These days, I much prefer twitter. It's a lot more suited toward information, which is better for me.

Quote Originally Posted by improbus View Post
    Has anyone switched to Google+? I like the circles of friends and the way it is organized. But, Facebook is so ubiquitous that it probably won't be going away anytime soon.
    I prefer google+ and would switch completely if more of my friends did the same. Unfortunately only a few of them are there, and of those very few actually post anything.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRedleg View Post
    -

-The multiple teeny-bopper and 20-something cousins that take pics of themselves in the mirror and stick out their lips in the pouty Olson twin look. Daily. And someone always takes the bait and posts, "you are soooo pretty....." or "U shld be a model...OMG!!11!1".

That's Kissy Ducky face! Just type "quack" under those photos.

Quote Originally Posted by fearofpopvol1 View Post
    Facebook is a catch-22. I enjoy reading/watching the articles/videos posted by people I know, but there is also a lot of noise that I could do without.

These days, I much prefer twitter. It's a lot more suited toward information, which is better for me.
    Twitter is where I'm at. I love politics so I get ALL of my information from Twitter. I have friends on there that occasionally clog up the feed with useless info (I do it at times), but twitter is something I'm surprised hasn't caught on as much as much as Facebook.

(PS I deleted my Facebook account when my mother AND grandma opened an account. They weren't the sole reason, but it was the final straw.)

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Gack View Post
    Twitter is where I'm at. I love politics so I get ALL of my information from Twitter. I have friends on there that occasionally clog up the feed with useless info (I do it at times), but twitter is something I'm surprised hasn't caught on as much as much as Facebook.

(PS I deleted my Facebook account when my mother AND grandma opened an account. They weren't the sole reason, but it was the final straw.)
    I completely agree. Twitter is MUCH better these days. I think it will continue to challenge Facebook. I think they've stole some of facebook's thunder already.

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    Same here. I've reconnected with people I hadn't seen since graduation who were an important part of my teen years.
    That was the only reason I joined FB about 3 years ago. There's a special section for my graduating class of 73, and I was able to catch up with a lot of schoolmates I haven't seen in ages. Other then that, I'm no a FB person at all.

My biggest pet peeves? Gee, where do I start?....

The constant friend invites. If I accept an invite with someone I actually know, like a relative, co-worker, etc., I'm all of a sudden flooded with invites from their friends, family, everyone in their little world, people I don't even know. Does FB do this automatically? Make it stop for cryin' out loud!

My Friend's Secret, or getting this "Someone Knows Something About You" (click here)

The game invites. I don't want to play friggin' Farmville!
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

How many times has something similar to this been on your news feed today?

"Any fool can make a baby but it takes a man to be a dad."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

When people see that it's someone's birthday, since Facebook tells them it's their birthday, and then post a "Happy Birthday" message on the birthday person's Facebook wall.

On my birthday, my page gets cluttered with Birthday messages from people I never see and don't talk to all year. i know they didn't remember my birthday, and are just trying to get bonus points by making it seem like they did. My real friends call, text or email me, and by best friends actually see me.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    When people see that it's someone's birthday, since Facebook tells them it's their birthday, and then post a "Happy Birthday" message on the birthday person's Facebook wall.

On my birthday, my page gets cluttered with Birthday messages from people I never see and don't talk to all year. i know they didn't remember my birthday, and are just trying to get bonus points by making it seem like they did. My real friends call, text or email me, and by best friends actually see me.
    Yeah, what horrible people!

Quote Originally Posted by *BaseClogger* View Post
    Yeah, what horrible people!
    They are all well beyond horrible people. If I had the time to find them all, pummel them to a bloody pulp, break their legs, then shoot them in the head, I would
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

They are all well beyond horrible people. If I had the time to find them all, pummel them to a bloody pulp, break their legs, then shoot them in the head, I would
    Just don't post about it on your FB page because FB posts can be used as evidence in court.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Quote Originally Posted by *BaseClogger* View Post
    Some people confuse the difference between Facebook and Twitter, I think. IMO, a Facebook status should be posted infrequently and it should carry some weight. Keep your whimsical thoughts on Twitter where I can simply not follow you...
    This.

I hate they have the feature where your Tweets can be automatically posted as Facebook statuses too. And I have a lot of Facebook friends who don't have Twitter accounts that really need them to post all the crap they bomb my timeline with.

Oh, and also the people that post a tweet and a facebook status that are identical. I understand doing that for something big events but for everyday crap just share on Twitter and save from reading it twice.

One I really find annoying is the "over commenters." I have some friends who literally think they need to post a comment on every status/picture I post. There are 2-3 people who I know will ALWAYS comment. And the best part is they aren't even that great of friends so I barely know them. If they post this much on my updates I can't imagine actually being their friend seeing how many comments I would get. I'll give everyone a chance but if someone starts commenting too much I block all my updates from them.

Another annoying one is the people posting daily (or more) pictures of their baby. I get it, you had a baby and love it. But I don't see why there needs to be daily pictures. And this is even amplified by the people who don't have very cute babies and still post tons of pictures.

The people that post 5 Youtube videos a day also annoy me. They get blocked.

The people that send me any request for whatever app also get blocked.

There are points in Facebook?

I hate the points system and want my old Facebook back! Copy and paste this into your status if you agree!
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

Turn Off Ads?