Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Rolen to rehab...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Rolen to rehab...

.....in Louisville over the weekend. Activates and joins the club in Cleveland on Monday.

http://cincinnati.com/blogs/reds/

Re: Rolen to rehab...

In the article in had this to say about the Stubbs' situation:

The Reds still haven’t decided what to do with Drew Stubbs. He’s out of the lineup again today. He’s missed 10 days (including off days) since sightly straining an oblique.
    I just find that both incredibly funny and incredibly incompetent.

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    In the article in had this to say about the Stubbs' situation:

It's got to speak more about the state of the AAA players than anything else. But, then we could have always used an extra pitcher (then again, Dusty doesn't use the ones he has, relying too much on Chapman).

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    Fail to see the incompetence. More likely, the Reds thought there was a chance Stubbs would be ready to go by the time Rolen is back. Now that it looks like that might not be the case, they can effectively swap Rolen and Stubbs on the DL and have Stubbs stint be retroactive to the last game they played.

Seems like a decent plan, given that there was nobody in Louisville worth calling up to prompt another DL move and the mid-season stove for player trades and acquisitions hasn't heated up.

Quote Originally Posted by Larkin88 View Post
    Fail to see the incompetence. More likely, the Reds thought there was a chance Stubbs would be ready to go by the time Rolen is back. Now that it looks like that might not be the case, they can effectively swap Rolen and Stubbs on the DL and have Stubbs stint be retroactive to the last game they played.

Seems like a decent plan, given that there was nobody in Louisville worth calling up to prompt another DL move and the mid-season stove for player trades and acquisitions hasn't heated up.
    Man you are not kidding. The past few years somebody would get hurt and it was not a huge deal because there was always a Heisey or Alonso or Frazier to call up. You look at the OPS on that team now and its like a roster full of Corey Pattersons. Correction, Corey Pattersons without the speed.

rolen go away

Quote Originally Posted by Larkin88 View Post

Yes. Playing close to two weeks a man short is always a well-thought out plan. Freaking brilliant. Our bench sucked as is. Let's now limit it a player.

Good thing Lousiville is home this weekend..

As far as Rolen joining the team on Monday, I'd love to be able to see one positive sign about this, but I simply can't see anything positive about Rolen returning to the REDS. Taking away Todd Frazier's plate appearances and opportunities to learn the National League Pitchers is nothing but a bad idea.

Spin it anyway one wants, but Rolen's career has been over for a long time. He needs to go away permanently. The guy (and Baker) has more excuses than Tommy Flanagan.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    As far as Rolen joining the team on Monday, I'd love to be able to see one positive sign about this, but I simply can't see anything positive about Rolen returning to the REDS. .
    The only thing I've got is that Frazier's bat will stay for this series, since we play @CLE Rolen's first series.

Quote Originally Posted by LexRedsFan View Post
    The only thing I've got is that Frazier's bat will stay for this series, since we play @CLE Rolen's first series.
    To me in Cleveland at least you can have Rolen DH and see what he can do without taking Frazier out of the lineup...

Rolen won't jump into the full swing of things for a while. They will ease him into things and he will come off the bench to give Frazier some rest. It's not like two seasons ago when we only had Cairo and Rolen at third base.

Quote Originally Posted by jwmann2 View Post
    Rolen won't jump into the full swing of things for a while. They will ease him into things and he will come off the bench to give Frazier some rest. It's not like two seasons ago when we only had Cairo and Rolen at third base.

I wish u were right but I doubt it. Rolen will go right back as the everyday 3rd basemen and 5th hitter...

Quote Originally Posted by brm7675 View Post
    To me in Cleveland at least you can have Rolen DH and see what he can do without taking Frazier out of the lineup...
    Or have Leake pitch and hit 9th and use Rolen in the field.

If Heisey is going to miss much.....we need Rolen.

Turn Off Ads?