Turn Off Ads?
Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 152122232425

Thread: Reds vs. Indians Thursday 6/14/2012

Quote Originally Posted by RedsFanInBama View Post
    Also, is Strasburg even going to be pitching in September?
    You better bet your bottom dollar that he will be pitching in some form....unless they just fall on their faces. (Doesn't seem very likely)....and they said he will be participating in the ASG given the opportunity.

They might consider putting him on the 15 day DL sometime in late July....if they time it right he could miss 3 starts which would save him around 20 innings.....but mark it down, he will be going full go in the postseason, provided they make it.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Quote Originally Posted by brm7675 View Post
    W/L stats for pitchers is overall pretty ridiculus...
    Anthony Young agrees.

Quote Originally Posted by moewan View Post
    I just got that
    Glad someone did.

Re: Reds vs. Indians Thursday 6/14/2012

Quote Originally Posted by Ironman92 View Post
    You better bet your bottom dollar that he will be pitching in some form....unless they just fall on their faces. (Doesn't seem very likely)....and they said he will be participating in the ASG given the opportunity.

They might consider putting him on the 15 day DL sometime in late July....if they time it right he could miss 3 starts which would save him around 20 innings.....but mark it down, he will be going full go in the postseason, provided they make it.
    Nats have said they are goign to stick with their innings limitation, I doubt you will see him much in Sept or Oct....

Nats have said they are goign to stick with their innings limitation, I doubt you will see him much in Sept or Oct....
    No way does he not pitch in the playoffs.....no flipping way. Zero.

Quote Originally Posted by Ironman92 View Post
    No way does he not pitch in the playoffs.....no flipping way. Zero.
    So you risk his career for a season? They know they are going to not have him this year, I don't see them risking it, not worth it, they have enough pitching not to risk it.

So you risk his career for a season? They know they are going to not have him this year, I don't see them risking it, not worth it, they have enough pitching not to risk it.
    Because 9 zillion 23 year old pitchers have thrown 185 innings and didn't immediately die.

What professional athlete gets to where he has gotten and then just doesn't play in the postseason. There are no guarantees on his arm either way.....and there are no guarantees that the Nats ever make it back to the postseason.

It's simply ridiculous that all those stars of the 70's pitched every 4 days and threw 270 innings.

I can see them cutting his innings, putting him on the DL and being creative with his innings. He cannot sit out the postseason....would just be mind-boggling.

Let's be crazy and say that Aroldis Chapman was conditioned in the winter to be a starting pitcher and then was our best pitcher this spring training. Then let's say he is in the rotation and is 8-1 with a 2.45 era and leading the majors in strikeouts. He pitches all season and is a top 3 Cy Young candidate and one of the very key reasons the Reds make the playoffs. Are you telling me you'd prefer he not pitch for the Reds in the playoffs? Lol

No flipping way, just no way. I'm 1,000 % close-minded on this.

Sorry

All we can go by is what the Nationals FO has said to this point. They've been pretty consistent about it. It would be hard for me to see him not pitching, but Rizzo has been pretty insistent that his innings limit of roughly 165 is going to stick.

Turn Off Ads?