Houston 25 43 .368 13 13-23 12-20 270 343 -73 Lost 1

So we are looking at the

Reds being -1 wins at this point from last year
    Pirates being -1
    Cards being -6
    Brewers being -10
    Cubs being -6
    Astros being -1

Reds had played 69 games by this point last year, right now we are at 62. Should be 63 but have 1 rain out, so 6 more games played at this point last year. So far this year we have scored 271...last year by this date (and 7 more games) we had 338. Think where this team would be if we were matching last years run output. After 62 games last year we had scored 311 or avg 5 runs per game..this year so far..4.3 runs a game...
    Last edited by brm7675; 06-14-2012 at 06:18 PM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: This date last year we had...

Kind of a silly analysis. They were 3 games over at this time last year and 8 games over this year.
    (Referring to Jack Hannahan signing with a Korean team)
    Since there are no teams on the moon, I guess South Korea's far enough from Cincinnati to satisfy me.
    -RichRed

Quote Originally Posted by OGB View Post
    Kind of a silly analysis. They were 3 games over at this time last year and 8 games over this year.
    I think it shows how weak our division is this year. Not one team has a better record at this point, not one. And look at how fewer runs we are scoring with basically the same lineup. So why the huge gap in runs scored?

Quote Originally Posted by brm7675 View Post
    I think it shows how weak our division is this year. Not one team has a better record at this point, not one. And look at how fewer runs we are scoring with basically the same lineup. So why the huge gap in runs scored?
    You're absolutely right. Not One of these teams, but Three of these teams have a better record this year. Astros, Pirates and Reds.
    "I'd walk through hell in a gasoline suit to play baseball." - Pete Rose

I think it shows how weak our division is this year. Not one team has a better record at this point, not on
    I know im gonna get another warning for this...but PLEASE tell me you are just trolling and not actually this frickin dumb.

Not one team has more wins, because you are comparing 68-69 games into the season to 62-63.

Reds have a better winning percentage then last year. .565 to .522
    Pirates do as well....516 to .500
    Houston Astos .429 to .368

half the teams are better half are worse. Seriously, please explain yourself on this, because it is one of the more dumb posts i have EVER, EVER seen.

Hopefully this trend continues and we see a changing of the guard in the NL Central. Pirates vs. Reds for the division would be 100 times more fun and interesting than the Cardinals being in the race until the end or running away with it. And I tired of the Brewers awhile ago too. I hope Ryan Braun is never on a team that's over .500 ever again.

Too bad the Astros are going away. I would love to see them bounce back and start competing again.

I know it sounds crazy given the way his season has gone even before he got hurt, but there was a time when Rolen had knack for hitting in clutch situations.

Now I am going to put on my fire proof suit for my flaming.

Quote Originally Posted by Votto4MVP View Post
    I know im gonna get another warning for this...but PLEASE tell me you are just trolling and not actually this frickin dumb.

Not one team has more wins, because you are comparing 68-69 games into the season to 62-63.

Reds have a better winning percentage then last year. .565 to .522
    Pirates do as well....516 to .500
    Houston Astos .429 to .368

half the teams are better half are worse. Seriously, please explain yourself on this, because it is one of the more dumb posts i have EVER, EVER seen.
    I said this date and if my posts trouble you so much either don't read them or seek counseling...

I said this date and if my posts trouble you so much either don't read them or seek counseling...
    You are saying not one team had a better record at this point. I JUST SHOWED YOU THEY DO. 3 TEAMS DO.

How many wins doesnt matter since they played less games at this point, what matters is win/loss percentage.

please tell me you understand this?

You are saying not one team had a better record at this point. I JUST SHOWED YOU THEY DO. 3 TEAMS DO.

How many wins doesnt matter since they played less games at this point, what matters is win/loss percentage.

please tell me you understand this?
    I wasn't looking at winning %, I was looking at games played, number of wins and avg runs scored per game.

I wasn't looking at winning %, I was looking at games played, number of wins and avg runs scored per game.
    You said better record...look at your post, you said it. "Not one team has a better record"

Do you honestly, honestly believe that 36-33 is a better record then 35-27? If so, then you have much bigger issues.

Just admit you were wrong, and move on.

Last edited by RedsFanInBama; 06-15-2012 at 03:09 AM.

You said better record...look at your post, you said it. "Not one team has a better record"

Do you honestly, honestly believe that 36-33 is a better record then 35-27? If so, then you have much bigger issues.

Thank you.

I thought he was trolling yesterday so didn't bother responding. Turns out he thinks he has a point here.

Just wanted to quote his exact post to show him how unbelievably wrong he is. This HAS to be trolling. HAS to be. No one can be this dense. If you want to compare runs/game that is one thing, but you can't compare number of wins when we've played 7 fewer games.

HAS to be trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by justincredible View Post
    Just wanted to quote his exact post to show him how unbelievably wrong he is. This HAS to be trolling. HAS to be. No one can be this dense. If you want to compare runs/game that is one thing, but you can't compare number of wins when we've played 7 fewer games.

HAS to be trolling.
    Again if you don't agree or like my subject don't read it. I could care less about winning percentage. I am looking at number of wins total at this point and the difference in runs scored. I am sorry I don't conform to the idea of how you view the numbers.

Turn Off Ads?