Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Thursday 6/14/12 Minor-League Updates

Re: Thursday 6/14/12 Minor-League Updates

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    Okay we have Gathright, Dorn and Harris as candidates.
    Based on the box score I've seen, neither Gathright nor Harris played tonight. Dorn did play and got three hits. I guess it could be incorrect or incomplete.

Bill Bray had three Ks in his inning.

If the Reds make a temporary move, I hope it's Gathright. Citifield is a big ballpark. I don't think Jay Bruce should play CF at Citifield. If Stubbs and Heisey can't go, I'd like to see Negron and/or Gathright so the Reds can cover the outfield decently.

Also looks to me like Billy Bray will be back real soon. So we can expect a pitching move too.

Harris? Don't see why he needs to come up to the Reds, unless somebody else is hurt.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Louisville gets a walk and a single in the bottom of the 9th but fails to push across any runs. They tumble 8-6.

Mobile and Pensacola completed 4.5 innings before their game was suspended. Mobile leads 3-1.

NL Central champs

The Bakersfield Blaze are down 1-0 through four innings. Jaren Matthews has the only Blaze hit, Hamilton is 0-2. Jamie Walczak has allowed a solo HR with 7 Ks.

First half North Champion Bakersfield Blaze!

They came back from 2-0 down to win 4-2. Niko Vasquez had a double and a 2-run HR, Hamilton an RBI single and his 75th steal. Pat Doyle and Brian Pearl combined for 5 scoreless innings. Pearl's 13th save was 5 outs with 4 Ks.

Perhaps most surprising, twitter reports of pre-game traffic:
    @zewing - Just drove by Sam Lynn Ballpark, and get this - there's actually game traffic. Has to be a first. Blaze can clinch first half tonight ‪#bcali

Quote Originally Posted by batsfan View Post
    Not even close, Dorn has more power, and is a less versatile fielder.
    Sorry, my tongue was stuck in my cheek for that one.

Turn Off Ads?