Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stubbs to DL; Harris to Cincinnati

Stubbs to DL; Harris to Cincinnati

So there it is.

Also, Massett transferred to 60-day DL.

Edit: I'm confused as to the Massett move. Wasn't Harris already on the 40-man? Or did he have to clear waivers when he was sent down before?
    Last edited by RedsFanInBama; 06-15-2012 at 06:32 PM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Stubbs to DL; Harris to Cincinnati

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oo

You know..just when you think it can't get any worse....it does...

Quote Originally Posted by brm7675 View Post
    You know..just when you think it can't get any worse....it does...
    I think it can get a lot worse. We are in first place, after all. I know we don't have as many wins as this time last year, but we're still doing pretty well, all things considered.

I don't want to grow up Red Raindog's Avatar

If it is retroactive he could be back quickly -- do we know the details?
    The older I get - the better I was

and yes - I hate the Cardinals (Reds fan since 1958)

Quote Originally Posted by Old Righthander View Post
    If it is retroactive he could be back quickly -- do we know the details?
    From what I have gathered on twitter, it is retroactive to 6/6. So he could be back late next week. Maybe Thursday or Friday?

Quote Originally Posted by RedsFanInBama View Post
    I think it can get a lot worse. We are in first place, after all. I know we don't have as many wins as this time last year, but we're still doing pretty well, all things considered.
    If you are okay with mediocre play and just a 3 game lead on teh Pirates (worse hitting team in baseball) and the Cards (MASH unit this year) then hey great...I am not, I want, no I expect us to have a minimum of 9-12 game lead at this point and we don't. We lost 2 out 3 to those Pirates, and 2 out of 3 to the Tigers when we should have swept them. I am tired of not being the team this talent should be at...if you are, then you must have loved the teams of the 80's and mid 90's...

If you are okay with mediocre play and just a 3 game lead on teh Pirates (worse hitting team in baseball) and the Cards (MASH unit this year) then hey great...I am not, I want, no I expect us to have a minimum of 9-12 game lead at this point and we don't. We lost 2 out 3 to those Pirates, and 2 out of 3 to the Tigers when we should have swept them. I am tired of not being the team this talent should be at...if you are, then you must have loved the teams of the 80's and mid 90's...
    We're 8 games over .500. You're damn right I'm ok with that. Your problem is that you know nothing about the game of baseball, and yet you dominate the conversation on this board, thus tricking yourself into thinking you know what you're talking about.
    Last edited by RedsFanInBama; 06-15-2012 at 07:02 PM.

We're 8 games over .500. You're damn right I'm ok with that. You're problem is that you know nothing about the game of baseball, and yet you dominate the conversation on this board, thus tricking yourself into thinking you know what you're talking about.
    If you are okay with 8 then I am happy for you, having "lowered expectations" I guess is okay for some...it's not for me. I see the talent we have and if used correctly and the right players obtained, this team can win and win big. But instead we don't...

We're 8 games over .500. You're damn right I'm ok with that. You're problem is that you know nothing about the game of baseball, and yet you dominate the conversation on this board, thus tricking yourself into thinking you know what you're talking about.
    AMEN

I think everyone here would agree that the Reds have struggled in more than one area this year. With that being said, who cares what the rest of the division is doing? We're in First Place! We're one of six teams in MLB who can claim that. Also, the Pirates aren't the Pirates of the last 19 years. They're young but talented.

Go Reds!!
    "I'd walk through hell in a gasoline suit to play baseball." - Pete Rose

If you are okay with 8 then I am happy for you, having "lowered expectations" I guess is okay for some...it's not for me. I see the talent we have and if used correctly and the right players obtained, this team can win and win big. But instead we don't...
    Arguing with you is exhausting. I give up.

Arguing with you is exhausting. I give up.
    Nothing to argue..we just have different expecations of our team.

Nothing to argue..we just have different expecations of our team.
    Agreed. One realistic, one not.

Agreed. One realistic, one not.
    So you are saying the Reds are not that good? That being 12+ games over .500 is not relistic? Have you seen the Nationals or the Dodgers? Neither team better then the Reds overall in talent, yet Nationals are 38/23 or 15 games over .500, meanwhile the Dodgers, whom are without their best player and maybe best player in MLB right now are...wait for it...16 games over .500. Why are they so good...they have talent...but they also have very good managers who get the most out of their talent. That is where the Reds should be...not where they are.

So you are saying the Reds are not that good? That being 12+ games over .500 is not relistic? Have you seen the Nationals or the Dodgers? Neither team better then the Reds overall in talent, yet Nationals are 38/23 or 15 games over .500, meanwhile the Dodgers, whom are without their best player and maybe best player in MLB right now are...wait for it...16 games over .500. Why are they so good...they have talent...but they also have very good managers who get the most out of their talent. That is where the Reds should be...not where they are.
    Go look at your fantasy baseball suggestions in the other thread and you'll know why I'm calling you unrealistic.

Turn Off Ads?