Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lets fix LF: Sign Manny

No, no, no, no, no, a million times no.....

I'm just answering the goof ball that starts the should we sign Manny thread.

Carry on.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: No, no, no, no, no, a million times no.....

Well, I wouldn't b totally against signing manny, I would just b afraid of how baker would use him. We don't have many options right now

Quote Originally Posted by Who Dey Time View Post
    I'm just answering the goof ball that starts the should we sign Manny thread.

Carry on.
    Way to be proactive. I like it.

Why thank you Who Dey Time... we needed a little sense around the Sun Deck.

While we need outfield help, we certainly don't need it from Bozo here. Clubhouse cancer is the last thing we need hanging around a 1st place club.

Lets fix LF: Sign Manny

As of this evening, Manny has requested and been given his release by the A's. In 17 AAA games he was batting .302 with a .348obp. Slugging is a little down, but he could do well in GABP.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/80...-manny-ramirez

Could he be had for cheap? I like him slotted between Votto and Bruce. Move Brandon back to the 2-hole.

Cozart
    Phillips
    Votto
    Ramirez
    Bruce
    Frasier
    Heisey
    Hanigan

I like it.
    Last edited by Brutus_the_Red; 06-16-2012 at 03:29 AM.
    "It is much easier to fight for one's principles than to live up to them." - Alfred Adler

Re: Lets fix RF: Sign Manny

I don't know if I could stomach watching Manny Ramirez play for the Reds. For better or worse, I appreciate watching this collection of Reds play baseball. It's not always pretty but they usually (there are occasionally exceptions) play the game the right way. I enjoy that. I don't know that our clubhouse is really suited to deal with Manny, either.

Re: Lets fix LF: Sign Manny

Quote Originally Posted by The DARK View Post
    It always comes back to the clubhouse cancer. While I can't deny his....social shortcomings... from years past, I can say that in his remarks about his release from the A's, he seems quite respectful. Have the last few years changed him? Who knows. He won't command the kind of attention he did while he was at the top of the mountain in years past.

But what I do know is that Ludwick is a black hole offensively and Manny is a cheap alternative worth taking a flyer on.

And he gets on base.
    "It is much easier to fight for one's principles than to live up to them." - Alfred Adler

I'm not sure Manny would provide an upgrade over Ludwick, to be perfectly truthful.

It would help the ticket sales briefly. And then it would die down. Can't stand the dude personally. He has lost all hunger to play this game and isn't the best teammate in my opinion.

Not that I want him, I think he's washed up, but doesn't he still have to serve a 60 game suspension.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsFanInBama View Post
    I'm not sure Manny would provide an upgrade over Ludwick, to be perfectly truthful.
    With the bench we're currently sporting, what's the harm in giving him a shot?

No thanks. When we're all healthy I'll take my chances with an OF of Stubbs-Bruce-Heisey-Ludwick and then Valdez in an emergency. At this point in his career I don't know if he's an upgrade over those guys. And just for a bench bat, I'm not sure if he's worth the circus.

ZCTRMTP!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by moewan View Post
    Not that I want him, I think he's washed up, but doesn't he still have to serve a 60 game suspension.
    In typical Bud Selig fashion, Manny was allowed to serve his suspension while playing in the minors. That ranks right up there with Volquez serving his suspension while being on the DL.

Manny Ramirez has been eligible to join the A's major league roster for more than two weeks after completing his 50-game suspension, but the slugger remained in Triple-A. Last night, the situation reached its logical conclusion as Ramirez requested his outright release and the team obliged
    Zero chance the Reds miss the playoffs!

What is it with wanting over the hill guys. At best Manny is a DH...we don't use the DH.

Turn Off Ads?