Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Billings Roster Posted

Billings Roster Posted

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Billings Roster Posted

They have Rosa listed as an outfielder there but my understanding is that he is going to be the everyday third baseman.

Sal Romano youngest guy, Winker is youngest hitter on team
    Last edited by JaxRed; 06-16-2012 at 01:06 PM.

Lots of potential starting pitchers.

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    Sal Romano youngest guy, Winker is youngest hitter on team
    A few very young players on Billings. Big vote of confidence by Reds. I was sure Winker would begin with the Arizona rookie club, but he shows up in Billings roster, at least for now.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

That may include the new roster, but there is no way that is the roster. Far too many players listed. It seems they added the roster, but also kept the hold overs on there too.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    That may include the new roster, but there is no way that is the roster. Far too many players listed. It seems they added the roster, but also kept the hold overs on there too.
    That makes sense, a few of these guys, like Winker, just seem a bit young to be starting out at Billings. Maybe this is just a temporary roster until the Arizona rookie league rosters are set.

That outfield seems like a makeshift crew. Matthews looks to be the most natural fit, an 8th-round draftee last year out of JC. Winker's very young. Rosa has been considered a third baseman. Lentz was a UK football player signed out of a tryout camp. And if I recall correctly, Spencer Dickinson and Brennan May were undrafted free agent signings.

Perhaps it's, indeed, a makeshift list, pending the signings of the CWS guys--Gelalich (unless he goes to Dayton), Amaral and Pigott.

Biggest surprise no Yorman...

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bellhead View Post
    Biggest surprise no Yorman...
    It shouldn't be. He was merely 'sent' there because they had to actually make a transaction to send him back to Arizona. I doubt there was ever a thought to actually send him to Billings to play this season. Dayton will probably see him soon though, assuming he is healthy and ready to play.

Didn't get the whole story...Still hoping for him to make it, but he's burning up his nine lives with the reds.

Quote Originally Posted by bellhead View Post
    Didn't get the whole story...Still hoping for him to make it, but he's burning up his nine lives with the reds.
    That pitching staff did look a might "roomy." It's probably a work in progress with guys like Gilalich (although I could see him in Dayton), Amaral, Adams, Mejias-Brean, Pigott, Adams and Boyd possibly added in the next 10 days. I'd say that Rosa will probably play some OF until the CWS is over and the roster is fleshed out.

Not sure about that roster, but I listed most of the Billings guys in another thread yesterday and most of them are the same.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    I doubt there was ever a thought to actually send him to Billings to play this season.
    There were thoughts to do a lot of things and that was one. Lets give him a clean slate in Dayton and see how things go.

Turn Off Ads?