Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Reds @ Mets Sat. 6/16/12

Quote Originally Posted by brm7675 View Post
    Any pitcher that can strike Votto out twice in a game is owning him.
    By Votto standards. Stubby gets owned every other game....though he hasn't stuck out lately....

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Reds @ Mets Sat. 6/16/12

Quote Originally Posted by The Rage View Post
    Hopefully goodBailey shows up today. I always worry about the dude after extra time off.
    Nice Reds jingo
    Damn Votto owned........
    Hopefully is due for his next boom. Will push his OPS over .900 before the next slump.
    Bailey's velocity/movement is punk tonight. Compare it to the Tigers game and there is no comparison.
    I wouldn't be surprised if the DL isn't calling for Bailey soon. Guy has nothing. Probably have to at least attempt him in the pen.
    QS is about all Bailey has had. He pitched better in mid-May than he is now. Those 91-92mph heaters sure are something!!!! I don't know if he is gassed, emasculated or hurt, but his pure stuff is bad right now.

If he is emasculated, he needs to turn to Baker/Price, smile and start jacking up 95-98mph stuff damned if it hits the plate at the right spot or not, would be alot more fun to watch......

I would swap Chapman and Bailey for a few weeks.
    Yeah, his fastball is crap tonight. Just awful. I would put him in the pen with Marshall and see if that will revive it. That will give Chapman some starts and we can see that.

The Mets should be ashamed of themselves for this performance.
    Decent command, but nothing behind it. I would take a fireballing madman with iffy control over this garbage. The Mets just aren't hitting well.
    Bailey will be rocked in the 4-6th inning. You can take that to the bank with that stuff. Pee you.
    I will be rooting for a miracle.......
    I call it bottom of the order.....
    Wright about had him. What a hitter..........
    Neise getting the Reds out easily now

15 total posts this thread ... is a single one actually positive about the team you supposedly root for? Even the Bruce comments ends with "before his next slump"

The ONLY truly positive post was about David Wright, who does not play for the Reds.

Big time effort by Homer.

Quote Originally Posted by Brisco View Post
    15 total posts this thread ... is a single one actually positive about the team you supposedly root for? Even the Bruce comments ends with "before his next slump"

The ONLY truly positive post was about David Wright, who does not play for the Reds.
    Any 3 run hr by Jay Bruce is a monster positive, but he is a streaky, streaky player at this point in his career. You have to accept reality in that situation.

Fwiw, the Mets are having a real bad night at the plate. Bailey had nothing again that inning and they let him slide by. Amazing. They ought to show Mike Leake, I bet he is grinning ear to ear.

Bailey will be rocked in the 4-6th inning. You can take that to the bank with that stuff. Pee you.
    Wow. Homer gives up one hard hit ball in those three innings - talk about getting rocked!

Your bank has terrible rates.
    If evolution is outlawed, only outlaws will evolve!

Man, I feel for you Rage.... it must really suck when your team does well.

Another complete game for Homer?

Quote Originally Posted by Tadasimha View Post
    Wow. Homer gives up one hard hit ball in those three innings - talk about getting rocked!

Your bank has terrible rates.
    Ignore the guy. There's more important stuff going on.

Mes needed that. It is like having a cig after 5 years.......

Cowboy just said Hanigan was behind the plate - did he sub for Mesoraco?

Never mind he just corrected himself.

Fwiw, the Mets are having a real bad night at the plate. Bailey had nothing again that inning and they let him slide by. Amazing. They ought to show Mike Leake, I bet he is grinning ear to ear.
    Ahhh... the old flip flopping suckiness argument.

Clause 1. Our team/offense/defense/player sucks.
    Clause 2. If by chance our team/offense/defense/player performs well, then the opposing team/offense/defense/player sucks even more.

Similar to the shifting coach argument:

Clause 1. Our Coach sucks.
    Clause 2. If by chance the team is in first place, then the argument becomes "with those players, any coach would be in first place"

Which is often made by the same poster as the inevitably bad GM argument:

Clause 1. Our GM is bad, lazy or senile.
    Clause 2. If the team is winning, then the GM is temporarily lucky and sure to screw things up in the very near future.

In this bizarro paradigm, the ONLY relevant statistics are ones that reflect negatively on you team/coach/players/gm.

I hope you are young, because the 70's would have been a very difficult era for you.
    Last edited by Brisco; 06-16-2012 at 09:17 PM.

What do you got now rage?

Homer cruises through the 7th as well

That's two terrific efforts in a row by Homer against big time left handed hitting teams. Let's not blow this one. Pitching is the name of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Votto4MVP View Post
    What do you got now rage?
    The Mets are having a bad bad night at the plate. Meh velocity, a non-existant slider..........I think what has saved Bailey tonight is the splitter/changeup thing he throws......unlike the Pirates game. You can't tell if it is a fastball or not. When he has it going on, he can have far better games than he should.

If he ever got his velocity/slider going, then I would be a Bailey fan. Right now he is Arroyo/Leake. Bleh.

Turn Off Ads?