2. Daniel Murphy (L) 2B
    3. David Wright (R) 3B
    4. Lucas Duda (L) RF
    5. Ike Davis (L) 1B
    6. Jason Bay (R) LF
    7. Josh Thole (L) C
    8. Omar Quintanilla (L) SS
    9. Dillon Gee (R) P
    This is the ol Left Hander rounding third and heading for home.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: 06/15/12 Reds @ Mets

Wow. Valdez in center. Has he ever played center before. At this point I think this is day 11 without Stubbs with no DL move.

I just found the answer on Valdez from Fay's blog. He has never started a game in center before. He has played 3 innings in center in his whole career. One inning about 10 days ago and 2 innings back in 2007.

Posting from Southwest VA redsfaninbsg's Avatar

More so than any other team, the Reds totally miss manage player injuries. Really, would it be that bad to put Stubbs on the DL? It's entirely possible that he, Heisey, and Mesoraco are unable to play tonight. What other team would start a game with 22 players?

Posting from Southwest VA redsfaninbsg's Avatar

I'd rather see them play Bruce in center and put Frazier in right field with Cairo in playing third.

I miscounted Stubbs days. He last started on June 5th. So this would be day 10.
    Last edited by Reds Fanatic; 06-15-2012 at 03:51 PM.

And assuming Heisey and Stubbs are both unavailable, our bench tonight is Negron, Mesoraco, and Cairo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    And assuming Heisey and Stubbs are both unavailable, our bench tonight is Negron, Mesoraco, and Cairo.
    We are not even sure about Mesoraco. It could be down to 2 tonight. Dusty may have to use some of the pitchers like Leake to pinch hit.

NL Central champs

Quote Originally Posted by redsfaninbsg View Post
    I'd rather see them play Bruce in center and put Frazier in right field with Cairo in playing third.
    I would put Ludwick in RF, he has played 2000+ innings in right in his career, but I agree that I would rather have Bruce in center than Valdez. Valdez has been doing well lately, is Cairo really a better option at 3B right now?

I guess I would go with this alignment: Frazier LF, Bruce CF, Ludwick RF, Valdez 3B.

Quote Originally Posted by VottoFan54 View Post
    I would put Ludwick in RF, he has played 2000+ innings in right in his career, but I agree that I would rather have Bruce in center than Valdez. Valdez has been doing well lately, is Cairo really a better option at 3B right now?

I guess I would go with this alignment: Frazier LF, Bruce CF, Ludwick RF, Valdez 3B.
    Yes, that'd be better. Also, I hear Willie Harris is back on the bench. Stubbs to DL.
    Attended 1976 World Series in my Mother's Womb. Attended 1990 World Series Game 2 as a 13 year old. Want to take my son to a a World Series Game in Cincinnati in my lifetime.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfaninbsg View Post
    I'm not so sure that having Bruce and Frazier playing out of position is worth the upgrade of Cario instead of Valdez.. Really, I like Cario as a person but he's not really been playing great this year.

I guess I am going to support Dusty on this one. Valdez in CF only downgrades one defensive position.

I think the lack of depth in the OF is the reason that the Reds didn't put Stubbs on the DL. They were hoping he'd be ready before the 15 days were up, but now Heisey's injury has forced their hand.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

NL Central champs

Cozart grounds out to the 3B on an 0-2 count.

NL Central champs

Valdez grounds out to the 2B up the middle, Murphy makes a nice play. 2 outs.

Votto = DatDude2B
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

NL Central champs

Votto doubles to right centerfield. 28 doubles on the year for him.

Turn Off Ads?