Turn Off Ads?
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Someone in the media needs to hold Walt accountable

Re: Someone in the media needs to hold Walt accountable

Quote Originally Posted by 5TimeWSChamps View Post
    Haha, I've never posted a thing to her. The original part of the thread is why Walt focused on Latos and not Gio.
    He focused on Latos because he and Gio have roughly the same numbers after 2011 and Latos is two years younger and further away from his FA year.

Can't really fault him for that line of thinking.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Who Dey Time View Post
    He focused on Latos because he and Gio have roughly the same numbers after 2011 and Latos is two years younger and further away from his FA year.

Can't really fault him for that line of thinking.
    True, the other side is you could possibly have given up less to get Gio and still have a tradeable asset. (I'm posting this before I go and look up the ranks of the prospects Washington gave up, so I reserve the right to edit this post later if it's not correct )

Then they shouldn't have made the trade if they are going all-in THIS YEAR, which was the point of the trade.
    how is it with all the ppl under contract this is all in mode.

people need to realize we have shot be good for awhile

Quote Originally Posted by R_Webb18 View Post
    how is it with all the ppl under contract this is all in mode.

people need to realize we have shot be good for awhile
    Well, in December when the trade was made, the main core wasn't under contract

So you'd rather have Latos than Gio Gonzalez?
    Would you rather have Carlos Gonzalez than Miguel Cairo?
    Because since there is zero reason to believe they were trying to get Gonzalez or could have gotten Gonzalez, you may as well speculate about anyone. The Nationals offered a far better package for Gio than the Reds traded to get Latos. Hell, it wasn't even close.
    (Referring to Jack Hannahan signing with a Korean team)
    Since there are no teams on the moon, I guess South Korea's far enough from Cincinnati to satisfy me.
    -RichRed

Well, in December when the trade was made, the main core wasn't under contract
    but it's not now. things change all the time.

i still don't regret the trade.

also im not so sure this chapman to starter thing will work. it might but ppl need to understand couple innings here and there is not the same as 5+ ever 5 days.

True, the other side is you could possibly have given up less to get Gio and still have a tradeable asset. (I'm posting this before I go and look up the ranks of the prospects Washington gave up, so I reserve the right to edit this post later if it's not correct )
    Well let me capture this for posterity's sake, then.

So let me get this straight, what you're saying is you're basing this entire ludicrous thread on the premise that the Reds could/should have traded for Gio Gonzalez without being aware of the fact that the Nationals gave up far more talent than the Reds did to get Latos?
    The Nationals gave u their number 3, 4, 6, and 9 ranked prospects in that deal.
    (Referring to Jack Hannahan signing with a Korean team)
    Since there are no teams on the moon, I guess South Korea's far enough from Cincinnati to satisfy me.
    -RichRed

Quote Originally Posted by OGB View Post
    Well let me capture this for posterity's sake, then.

So let me get this straight, what you're saying is you're basing this entire ludicrous thread on the premise that the Reds could/should have traded for Gio Gonzalez without being aware of the fact that the Nationals gave up far more talent than the Reds did to get Latos?
    The Nationals gave u their number 3, 4, 6, and 9 ranked prospects in that deal.
    As opposed to #3, #5, #12, and a former All-Star starting pitcher.

The trade was also done 6 days after the Reds traded for Latos, so they could have at least inquired as to see what it would have taken.

And I'm insulted taht he called my thread ludicrous The Operator, Please infract OGB for this post in order of fairness since I got one earlier
    Last edited by 5TimeWSChamps; 06-19-2012 at 01:39 AM.

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

I didn't know Dallas Latos posted on Redzone
    That is the kind of response this board doesn't need. He posted a very reasonable take on the trade and backed it up with anaylsis, and you replied with childish garbage.

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Yes, because for the third time, Latos is better than Gonzalez.

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    Yes, because for the third time, Latos is better than Gonzalez.
    Based on?

Yep..better long term up side. Also did u see how much and what the Nationals gave up for him?

As opposed to #3, #5, #12, and a former All-Star starting pitcher.

The trade was also done 6 days after the Reds traded for Latos, so they could have at least inquired as to see what it would have taken.

And I'm insulted taht he called my thread ludicrous The Operator, Please infract OGB for this post in order of fairness since I got one earlier
    Again u have no idea what Walt did or didn't do.

Walt, you need to be held accountable for building a top 10 baseball team. How dare you put together a first place team! Simply unforgivable.
    Variatio delectat - Cicero

If you take this year's stats out of the equation and look at Latos & Gio going into this year I would want Latos. He is 2 years younger, already acclimated to pitching in the NL, and has more years of club control. Yes Gio's strong 1st half makes Latos look inferior but equating that is armchair quarterbacking. Most of this board community acknowledged that we gave up a lot for Latos but would live with it because we needed another starting pitcher for the rotation we could count on for several years. With there being off season questions regarding Bailey & Arroyo pulling the trigger on Latos made sense and I supported the move.

An objective view shows Volquez is still suffering the same control problems, Alonso is not hitting any better than guys we kept, & Grandal/Boxberger are still just cracking the major league roster. Meanwhile Latos has had 1 problem in his transition, giving up more home runs (15 this year vs. 16 each in 2010/2011). He just needs to focus on keeping his fastball in the lower half of the strike zone. When he has done that he is almost unhittable. The games he is on you see the dominating skills he possesses.

I would prefer to have Chapman in the rotation also but not at Latos' expense. If anyone's spot is tenuous it is Mike Leake but that is another discussion. Jocketty should be given credit for being aggressive in the off season and we should reserve judgement until this season's results are in. Remember we are in 1st place & 4 1/2 games ahead of our main rival.

Turn Off Ads?