Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Billings Starting Rotation

Billings Starting Rotation

"Joining Mugarian and Stephenson in the early-season rotation are right-hander Lucas O’Rear (13th round, 2010), righty Sal Romano (23rd round, ’11) and righty Drew Cisco (6th round, ’10)."

Personally, the only surprise for me is seeing O'Rear starting.

Link: http://billingsgazette.com/sports/ba...2e7de1736.html

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Billings Starting Rotation

Drew Cisco has sort of gotten lost in all the shuffle, and its easy to forget that he is recovering from an injury. He had a lot going for him before the injury. Hope he can come back.
    “I think I throw the ball as hard as anyone. The ball just doesn't get there as fast.” — Eddie Bane

“We know we're better than this ... but we can't prove it.” — Tony Gwynn

O'Rear starting over Guillon is a head-scratcher.

Also, I know they want to limit Langfield and Moscot's innings, but I wonder what the plan is for them- I wouldn't have been surprised to see Langfield start in Dayton.
    Go BLUE!!!

O'Rear starting over anyone is a head-scratcher

Quote Originally Posted by billy bob View Post
    O'Rear starting over anyone is a head-scratcher
    I just looked at his numbers. 23 years old in rookie league with more career walks than strike outs. He must have one helluva arm. Or him being in the starting rotation makes no sense to me.

HAHA... texasdave... 86-89 MPH fastball in Dayton:

His mom's maiden name is Jocketty then.

If that's the case then he will be in L.Ville soon

O'Rear could still be pretty raw. IIRC, didn't he play basketball at NIU? Didn't spend all his time on baseball.
    Domo Arigato, Here Comes Joey Votto

---TRF

"I do what I want to do and say what I want to say."

--Bronson Arroyo

Quote Originally Posted by 11larkin11 View Post
    O'Rear could still be pretty raw. IIRC, didn't he play basketball at NIU? Didn't spend all his time on baseball.
    That's true. He was a tough guy to sign, too, so I'm wondering if there was some verbal agreement that he would be given a shot to start. Besides, there's a lot of money invested in him, so you want to give him as much experience as possible before you make the decision of whether to keep him or not. People's jobs go on the line when stuff like this happens.

This is probably a long shot, but I'm thinking of going to one of the Mustangs games on Saturday the 30th. Anybody know who's slotted to start that game?

Quote Originally Posted by kearns and dunn View Post
    This is probably a long shot, but I'm thinking of going to one of the Mustangs games on Saturday the 30th. Anybody know who's slotted to start that game?
    At the current pace, the likely starter is Ismael Guillon, but don't be surprised if Lucas O'Rear is given another shot since he's the player Guillon replaced.

Turn Off Ads?