Turn Off Ads?
Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425 LastLast

Thread: 6/19/12 - Reds at Indians

Re: 6/19/12 - Reds at Indians

Cleveland one run game wonders two years running.

Seriously? Folks dogging Chapman? Reviving Coco? Really? That is amazing, just amazing.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Vottomatic View Post
    i saw that disaster coming a mile away.
    When you predict a disaster at every opportunity that's no great shakes.

But I don't recall you predicting a walk off HR......

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post

Seriously? Folks dogging Chapman? Reviving Coco? Really? That is amazing, just amazing.
    Nobody is dogging Chapman. Nobody is reviving Coco.

But let's not trash Coco, either. He wasn't garbage. He's a highly successful reliever over a long career.

And Chapman has great stuff, dynamite stuff. But his track record is still in the formative stage. Let's see him revert to form soon.

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

BTW, that's just the 2nd save we've blown all year in the last inning.

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post

It's not so much dogging Chapman, but when you're only using one pitch every time out, it's bound to catch up with you. Chapman has started to lean to heavily on his crutch and it can only support him through for so long.

Not to sound reactionary, but I think the Reds need to consider sending Chapman down to work on being a starter. He clearly needs to work on his other pitches, and to be honest, I think the Reds will need him as a starter later this year, more than as a reliever.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    Yeah he sucks.
    Never said that neither. Is he like your brother or some relation? Don't get so defensive.

Quote Originally Posted by dman View Post
    Haven't the foggiest idea of what you're talking about, and I have never mentioned trading Chapman at any time, let alone a trade for G. Stanton. Maybe you might be the one with a case of brown bottle flu.
    The drunk post was not by you. (it was in the "would you trade Chapman for Stanton" thread) Some people were just a little too enthusiastic about Aroldis earlier in the year. You are correct that moving Chapman to a starter is not a sure thing, but I just wanted to be clear I didn't support your entire post.

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    When you predict a disaster at every opportunity that's no great shakes.

But I don't recall you predicting a walk off HR......
    When a pitcher is throwing all fastballs, and not 98+ mph fastballs, but 96 mph fastballs, is falling behind in the count and has to throw a strike, AND........the hitter is easily fouling those fastballs off..........and the pitcher didn't throw one fastball strike by the hitter...........well, add it up. Recipe for disaster.

Yeah, was watching with a friend and not hanging out on the game thread. He and I both predicted bad news.

Quote Originally Posted by dman View Post
    It's not so much dogging Chapman, but when you're only using one pitch every time out, it's bound to catch up with you. Chapman has started to lean to heavily on his crutch and it can only support him through for so long.
    True. I wonder if the pitches are being called on the field or from the bench? Or if Chappy has the right to change what the catcher or bench say? It seems funny that the staff would want him to only throw fastballs.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    Not to sound reactionary, but I think the Reds need to consider sending Chapman down to work on being a starter. He clearly needs to work on his other pitches, and to be honest, I think the Reds will need him as a starter later this year, more than as a reliever.
    If they do that, the Reds need to buy Sean Marshall a bionic arm. Because the bullpen will be rather thin.

Ondrusek has lost it recently. Arredondo gives up too many walks. Lecure, Hoover and Simon are long/middle relievers.

Are we back to the "bullpen is unimportant" stage around here?

Or are we relying on Bray and Massett, two guys on the DL?

Forget it. Reds need to work with Chapman, sure, but they need him in the pen.

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    The drunk post was not by you. (it was in the "would you trade Chapman for Stanton" thread) Some people were just a little too enthusiastic about Aroldis earlier in the year. You are correct that moving Chapman to a starter is not a sure thing, but I just wanted to be clear I didn't support your entire post.
    Okay, no biggie... I wouldn't trade Chapman for much of anything right now, but there's clearly something going on right now, and the only reason I even remotely compared it to Coco Cordero is because with Chapman it's seems to be mental, because his mechanics don't look any different, much the same way that Coco was being. Aroldis just seems to be so hung up on his fastball right now.

Senor Votto

This is a tough one to lose ugh

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    But it is reactionary. You're bringing it up because he got beat tonight. So, they send him down to the minors for the conversion to starter (yea, that's realistic), then he has a bad start and "man, put him back in the pen. We'll just have a lights out closer."

He got beat tonight. End of story. It's a bummer. It happens. The batter won the battle tonight. Does it always have to turn into a debate on the Reds doing something wrong or need some dramatic change to take place each and every time they lose, or almost lose? We only scored two runs tonight, better go get some bats, right?
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Beware of the sweep. We have Arroyo, but they have Masterson, who has a 1.80 ERA this month. Pitched 7 innings of 4-hit shutout ball last time out and is on a roll. Bronson pretty much allows 4 runs per game lately. So, it will be a titanic struggle
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Turn Off Ads?