Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Who is playing as the Reds in the best baseball game ever?

Time is the Revelator.

Who is playing as the Reds in the best baseball game ever?

Me. Are you? Do share.

Game in question is OOTP 13, of course.

So far, I am 18-20 in 2012. I play out every pitch, every game.

Is anyone else addicted to OOTP? If there is interest in details about my Reds, I will take the time and post it (and you should do the same). If not, then I'll let it die, just like my love for every pretty girl ever.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Who is playing as the Reds in the best baseball game ever?

I'm an OOTP addict but can never get into the "real" major league game. I prefer fictional universes. Right now I am using Blueturf's always excellent Kalama quickstart; it is better than it has ever been. I have my Yampo Tigers in 3rd place in the West at 24-16 which would be first place by five games in the uber-weak East. Dealing with a rash of injuries but that makes the game more fun. Kalama uses 4 man rotations and no DH which I think adds to the challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by reds1869 View Post
    I'm an OOTP addict but can never get into the "real" major league game. I prefer fictional universes. Right now I am using Blueturf's always excellent Kalama quickstart; it is better than it has ever been. I have my Yampo Tigers in 3rd place in the West at 24-16 which would be first place by five games in the uber-weak East. Dealing with a rash of injuries but that makes the game more fun. Kalama uses 4 man rotations and no DH which I think adds to the challenge.
    What kind of league totals do you get with that quickstart?

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

Re: Who is playing as the Reds in the best baseball game ever?

Quote Originally Posted by hebroncougar View Post
    What kind of league totals do you get with that quickstart?

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2
    I haven't finished a whole season, but right now speed and pitching are dominant. There is also plenty of good hitting. Right now the league leader in homers is on pace for around 30 and the league ERA leader (my ace, btw) is sitting at 1.91 with a K/9 of 11. The stolen base crown is a run away by my 3B T.J. Alford who currently has 44 through 46 games. Batting averages and OBP tend to be higher than the present day as do stolen bases. If this makes sense it has the feel of a cross between the early 1920s and the 1970s; may sound strange but that is what it is like.

Turn Off Ads?