Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Cincinnati vs Cleveland (cities)

Cincinnati vs Cleveland (cities)

Since the Indians are now taking it to the Reds a lot of people in Northeast Ohio are taking shots at the Reds and the city of Cincinnati and claim Cleveland is a much better city. I personally believe Cincinnati is the better city and just want some peoples opinions. (I know this is gonna be a biased response on this board from everyone but i hate Cleveland)

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Cincinnati vs Cleveland (cities)

ive never lived there so not gonna judge. but idk why it really matters.

also we just beat them 3 here + blew 1 today. so even if they win 2mrrow we tie.

I think you would prefer each city depending on what your interests and lifestyle are. Cleveland is a very Democratic leaning and Progressive city that highlights its lakefront as its main attraction. They have many neat museums and parks in the area and the city has a more urban feel to it.

Cincinnati is primarily a Conservative leaning town that has a suburban living environment. While improving, its downtown area is still ignored by most area residents. As a Cincinnati resident I am partial to my hometown but Cleveland is a nice enough city and I've always enjoyed my visits there and been treated well by the locals.

Cities should be judged on one thing. I don't care about murder rates, traffic, how many bad areas a city has, how many festivals or museums a city has...there's only one thing that matters: Food. And Skyline just by itself is miles ahead of anything Cleveland has to offer.

Cleveland has a higher unemployment rate: 8.7% to 5.8%
    Cleveland has a higher crime rate per 100k: 1,398 to 1,185
    Cleveland is more overpopulated: 5,827 people/ sq mi to 3,958 people/ sq mi
    Cleveland has a lower avg income per capita: $15,583 to $23,593
    Cleveland has lower property value, median house or condo value: $84,000 to $126,000
    Already stated, Cleveland does not have Skyline
    Most importantly, Cleveland has less World Series Titles: 2 to 5

Therefore I conclude that Cincinnati > Cleveland

http://best-cities.findthebest.com/c...i-vs-Cleveland
    http://www.city-data.com/city/Cincinnati-Ohio.html
    http://www.city-data.com/city/Cleveland-Ohio.html

And we've never had "An economy based on one athlete" who ends up taking a crap on the entire town.

Come on down to Cleveland town everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by herbdizzle View Post
    I think you would prefer each city depending on what your interests and lifestyle are. Cleveland is a very Democratic leaning and Progressive city that highlights its lakefront as its main attraction. They have many neat museums and parks in the area and the city has a more urban feel to it.

Cincinnati is primarily a Conservative leaning town that has a suburban living environment. While improving, its downtown area is still ignored by most area residents. As a Cincinnati resident I am partial to my hometown but Cleveland is a nice enough city and I've always enjoyed my visits there and been treated well by the locals.
    Well I'm a liberal but I prefer Cincinnati over Cleveland. All you need to know about Cleveland is their Cuyahoga River caught on fire once because the city used it as their personal garbage can. Gross.

I don't want to grow up Red Raindog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Red Buckeye View Post
    Well I'm a liberal but I prefer Cincinnati over Cleveland. All you need to know about Cleveland is their Cuyahoga River caught on fire once because the city used it as their personal garbage can. Gross.
    and Randy Newman wrote & sang a great song about that.
    The older I get - the better I was

and yes - I hate the Cardinals (Reds fan since 1958)

I miss Raisor

...all the little chicks with the crimson lips....

Cleveland rocks!!

Ian Hunter - Cleveland Rocks (vinyl) - YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by Old Righthander View Post
    and Randy Newman wrote & sang a great song about that.
    Great song indeed!

I love the Reds, but I cannot stand Skyline. And Cleveland has the RR Hall of Fame, and trains for public transportation. That gives it the edge citywise in my book. And the scenery around Cleveland was suprisingly beautiful when I visited, lots of hills and woods.

Plus my cousin lives there.....
    Last edited by Outrider; 06-20-2012 at 05:42 PM.

While I love my Reds and Bengals, if you ask me, all of those old Industrial cities are pretty much the same; Detroit, Cincinnati, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Cleveland, Youngstown. High crime rates, high unemplyment, cold weather and bad sports teams.

They all pale in comparison to Indiananoplace! Although St Louis, Chicago and Detroit are the worst cities I've visited. All 3 are far worse than Cleveland.

Turn Off Ads?