Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: AZL Reds

Re: AZL Reds

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    Same hometown. Looks like Like Lhimmy's real name is Jhimmy. So Jhimmy and Yimmy.
    He was the player to be named later.

2. Turn Off Ads?

A lot of the names get anglicized. I believe Lopez' anglicized name is Yimmy. Jhonatan Perez is now Jonathan Perez for example.

Quote Originally Posted by lollipopcurve View Post
    Well, they've got a 3rd baseman named Jonathan Perez who, it appears, spent 3-4 very unproductive years in the DSL as part of the Diamondbacks organization. But no mention of Jonathan Perez, the Reds' top international signee from last year. Weird.

Could be quite the interesting pitching staff once the real J. Perez and Travieso are on it.
    Jonathan Perez is now listed on the roster. So is Wandy Peralta, one of the pitchers who seemed to be worth watching with the DSL Reds the last couple years.

And they're down to one Lopez, a catcher spelled Jhimmy.

Avain Rachal, drafted this year as (presumably) a pitcher, is listed as a second baseman.

Quote Originally Posted by mace View Post
    Avain Rachal, drafted this year as (presumably) a pitcher, is listed as a second baseman.
    UH had him listed as an infielder and one of their recruits.

AVAIN RACHAL - INF - CYPRESS, TEXAS - CY-FAIR HIGH SCHOOL
    "Avain is a kid that plays hard every time we have seen him play and really swings the bat. Avain plays for longtime coach Woody Champagne at Cy-Fair High School and is the cousin of UH associate head basketball coach Alvin Brooks."

Avain can play multiple positions and his get after it approach will fit right into our program."

I see Jonathan Perez, a 21 year old RHP on the roster. Presumably not a 3B or the 17 year old signee. Also, where is Oliviel Florentino- the top international signee from 2010?
    Go BLUE!!!

I see Jonathan Perez, a 21 year old RHP on the roster. Presumably not a 3B or the 17 year old signee. Also, where is Oliviel Florentino- the top international signee from 2010?
    Florentino is in the DSL. My guess is that the information on Perez is still confused with the other Jonathan Perez they had listed at 3B yesterday -- height, weight, age, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by lollipopcurve View Post
    My guess is that the information on Perez is still confused with the other Jonathan Perez they had listed at 3B yesterday -- height, weight, age, etc.
    Yeah, it looks like Perez is being Yimmied in reverse. While there were two entries for one Lopez, it appears they might have lumped two Perezes into one misidentified fellow. Or something like that.

Any word on when we may get an Amir Garrett sighting?

are these games on the radio anywhere? I'm actually enjoying listening to the Billings games on the internet feed, but I can't find AZL games online anywhere

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wastedtime View Post
    are these games on the radio anywhere? I'm actually enjoying listening to the Billings games on the internet feed, but I can't find AZL games online anywhere
    No they aren't. There are no fans that watch the games either (ok, maybe 10 or so at each game).

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    No they aren't. There are no fans that watch the games either (ok, maybe 10 or so at each game).
    That makes sense. I'm not sure how it works, but I guess it's just cheaper for clubs to throw them in a pile somewhere and let them perform their way onto a real team.

Do the more skilled players get sent straight to Billings?

Nice to see Elmer Dessens with gainful employment. Evidently, they're converted Wagner Gomez to the mond from behind the plate.

Quote Originally Posted by wastedtime View Post
    That makes sense. I'm not sure how it works, but I guess it's just cheaper for clubs to throw them in a pile somewhere and let them perform their way onto a real team.

Do the more skilled players get sent straight to Billings?
    In general.....not always.... young, first time players from Latin America and High School go to Arizona, and college guys go to Billings. Billings is more advanced.

Turn Off Ads?