Turn Off Ads?
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: 6.20.12 Reds @Indians

Re: 6.20.12 Reds @Indians

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    Bucs trail by one in the ninth. Burton with a good inning for the Twins.
    Lately, the late rally is their custom. Let's hope the Twinkies score some runs.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

2. Turn Off Ads?

Cozart and Heisey fan to lead off the ninth. Votto up.

Umpire calls out Votto on strikes on a pitch outside. Not really close.

Strike out the side. Game over. Get the heck out of the mistake by the lake!
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Can't wait to hear Pic's cherry attitude in the post game. All smiles all the time.
    www.ris-news.com
    -Beano Cook

Double post. Sorry
    www.ris-news.com
    -Beano Cook

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    The Indians will finish below .500 when their one run magic evens out to about .500 and we will win our division.
    I don't understand....even with the sweep in Cincy.....why the Reds have a problem beating this team like the drum that the guy in Cleveland uses to beat on.
    I'm not buying the Indians anymore than people here are buying the Pirates.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Cloninger View Post
    I don't understand....even with the sweep in Cincy.....why the Reds have a problem beating this team like the drum that the guy in Cleveland uses to beat on.
    I'm not buying the Indians anymore than people here are buying the Pirates.
    Agree, neither team makes sense. How are they winning? Pitching and they win at home. Reds, Indians, and Bucs have all won 20 at home. And while the Reds are above .500 on the road, Pittsburgh is 15-20.
    www.ris-news.com
    -Beano Cook

Deadspin calls out the brother of a division rival's pitcher

http://deadspin.com/5920117/carlos-s...-legally-blind

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    Deadspin calls out the brother of a division rival's pitcher

http://deadspin.com/5920117/carlos-s...-legally-blind

That wasn't even close. Just another case for replay. He said Cozart juggled the ball but I didn't see that at all.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    Some would argue it would hurt worse if he Heisey'd his toe.
    Nice

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WVRedsFan View Post
    The lead dwindles. Don't worry about the Pirates? Hide and watch. They don't appear to be declining. In fact they're getting better.
    I agree. But from what everybody else here seems to think...I'm kinda stupid.

I don't think that they actually "contend" this year, but I do think they hang around for quite a bit longer than people think and finish a solid 2nd place several games over .500. Next year...they could be a very interesting team to watch IMO.

http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/index...complete-game/

And fangraphs dedicates of of their ~10 precious posts per day to the final pitch of the game. Why?

Quote Originally Posted by _Sir_Charles_ View Post
    I agree. But from what everybody else here seems to think...I'm kinda stupid.

I don't think that they actually "contend" this year, but I do think they hang around for quite a bit longer than people think and finish a solid 2nd place several games over .500. Next year...they could be a very interesting team to watch IMO.
    I think people have given valid reasons why the Pirates are probably not able to sustain their current record over an entire season. They are the classic pythag pyrite, just like the Indians. They beat you in a series, then you look up and they're getting beat up for a week by everyone else.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

My point about not dismissing the Pirates is they're presently the team closest to us. We can only take care of our business, but I'll consider the Pirates until they show they shouldn't be. Right now's not the moment. Of course, the real issue is to always be concerned with the team we're playing at the moment. That's all we can take care of as it is.
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things.

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

Turn Off Ads?