Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: 6.20.12 Reds @Indians

Re: 6.20.12 Reds @Indians

Yeah that will probably end this one. Glad things had been going so well before this series, just need to get it rolling again on Friday night.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Need another bat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

5-0 Tribe after 4, and I'm pretty much checking out from here.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    Need another bat.
    And another arm. Though I'll take the arm first.

Really wish that we had a bat like either Cabrera or Choo. Starting to come back to earth after a red hot week last week. We need to take out our frustrations from this series on the Twins and the Brewers. Maybe our offense awakens, but we'll see.

for all the breaks/lucky bounces the Reds received during that 6 game streak, luck is evening out now. I mean two homers off the top of the fence in the same inning? Come on MAN!

To tie the season series with the Indians is not too bad. After their hot start, you knew it would be a battle, but the home field advantage was very evident in both series.

Is it me or has the home plate ump in each game of this series been extremely reluctant to call corner strikes for the Reds pitchers? Indians making all the plays this series.

Stranger things have happened. If we hold them from here on out we could make a comeback. Need to get Mastersons pitch count up though
    "Losing feels worse than winning feels good." -Vin Scully

One question. Why in the name of all that's holy do we have to play six games against this bunch each year? Attendance is crappy and while the other teams get to see some different teams we're stuck seeing Cleveland twice. I hate inter league games anyway, but twice is too much.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

I know why cant we play the Royals. id also like to see us and the White Sox. I may be biased however because I hate Cleveland with a passion.

Quote Originally Posted by HokieRed View Post
    And another arm. Though I'll take the arm first.
    Yeah, I totally disagree.

The Reds' pitching numbers are WAY better than they have been for years. They can win the division and play ok in the playoffs with this pitching staff. There is no consistent pattern of pitching failure. The bullpen is excellent. And Bray and Masset are on the way back.

On offense, however, the team is so obviously flawed that you can see it a mile away. Three lefty hitters in the whole offense, including Willie Harris? What other good team has that?

Tablesetters hitting one and two with OBPs barely above .300?

This team will continue to have problems with the Josh Tomlins of this world until Walt addresses the offense. Tonight? Just facing a terrific pitcher who you won't beat with Heisey, Frazier, and the rest.
    Last edited by Kc61; 06-20-2012 at 08:34 PM.

There is a really drunk Cleveland fan highlighted on TV tonight...take him out Dusty...take him out. Really poor attendance in Cleveland (and I thought Cincinnati was bad).

I shouldn't be this frustrated about the Reds but this series has just been so crappy. We should have won the first 2 games but should of would of could of. Lets hope they get out of Cleveland as fast as they can regroup tomm. and beat the hell out of the Twins this weekend. Bailey, Cueto, and Latos. Ill be upset if we don't sweep them

Quote Originally Posted by cbowen2112 View Post
    To tie the season series with the Indians is not too bad. After their hot start, you knew it would be a battle, but the home field advantage was very evident in both series.
    After starting out 3-0 vs. the Indians, finishing 3-3 is a serious downer. And 3-3 roadtrips are OK, but not when you start them out 3-0.

This story of this series was last night in the bottom of the 10th. The Tribe might have won two games with one swing of the bat. The Reds don't look they have any desire to be playing in that stadium tonight.

Turn Off Ads?