Turn Off Ads?
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: 6.20.12 Reds @Indians

Re: 6.20.12 Reds @Indians

Really poor attendance in Cleveland (and I thought Cincinnati was bad).
    That's why I say there is no advantage in playing them twice. It doesn't boost attendance. No one really cares about it so why? If we have to have interleague games, let's play som different teams.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by WVRedsFan View Post
    One question. Why in the name of all that's holy do we have to play six games against this bunch each year? Attendance is crappy and while the other teams get to see some different teams we're stuck seeing Cleveland twice. I hate inter league games anyway, but twice is too much.
    It's a fake, MLB-forced "rivalry" between two teams with zero history whatsoever. Nobody in Cincinnati or Dayton gives two hoots about the Indians. The Reds have more of a history with the Yankees, Tigers and A's than the Tribe.

Let the Pirates have the Indians as "natural rivals" for awhile and we'll take the Sox or some other team. Judging by attendance in Cleveland, it doesn't look like there's much of a demand for the series anyway.

That's why I say there is no advantage in playing them twice. It doesn't boost attendance. No one really cares about it so why? If we have to have interleague games, let's play som different teams.
    Oh, I agree completely! Just because they are in Ohio, doesn't mean they are a rival. I think it's time to cut the inter league schedule in half, because for me the novelty has worn out. Instead of placing so much importance on the Allstar game, give the home field to the league with the upper hand in the inter league match ups. I always thought Bud's idea of the All Star game was so idiotic.

The jinx of George Grande.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Quote Originally Posted by Virginia Beach Reds View Post
    Oh, I agree completely! Just because they are in Ohio, doesn't mean they are a rival. I think it's time to cut the inter league schedule in half, because for me the novelty has worn out.
    Hopefully, with the shift in schedule and interleague play every day of the year next year, we will at least get rid of one of the series vs. the Indians.

I'd much MUCH MUCH rather see NL teams like the Dodgers, Giants, Braves, Mets or Phillies here than Cleveland.

Edit: I'll go one step further and say that I hate that the Reds share a spring training complex with the Indians. Blah x 200.
    Last edited by Reds/Flyers Fan; 06-20-2012 at 08:44 PM.

Oh, I agree completely! Just because they are in Ohio, doesn't mean they are a rival. I think it's time to cut the inter league schedule in half, because for me the novelty has worn out.
    Fine, but the Reds should still be able to beat Josh Tomlin. I don't care what the attendance is.

nm
    Last edited by cbowen2112; 06-20-2012 at 08:46 PM.

This...

I guess Cleveland fans haven't bought in to a 1st place team. A good friend of mine from Clev invited me to last Tues game at GABP. He was ragging on the attendance at our games. LOL.

I guess Cleveland fans haven't bought in to a 1st place team. A good friend of mine from Clev invited me to last Tues game at GABP. He was ragging on the attendance at our games. LOL.
    24K, 27K and 34K in three games would be a dream series for Cleveland.

Quote Originally Posted by Reds/Flyers Fan View Post
    24K, 27K and 34K in three games would be a dream series for Cleveland.
    I don't live in Cleve or do I ever want to. I wonder why the fans don't attend the games. I think they are the worst in the majors.

Cabrera now has five career hr's against the reds. His high against any team is six. Reds Killer, pitch around him

Oh come on we won't "know about that till after the game"

I don't live in Cleve or do I ever want to. I wonder why the fans don't attend the games. I think they are the worst in the majors.
    Ever since Cleveland got the NFL back, going to Indians games wasn't a priority anymore. Historically, the city hasn't really ever turned out in droves for their games except for that late-90s run when it was the thing to do.

Single for Votto. With two outs, nobody on.

Somebody should just cut and paste that as the games continue.

Turn Off Ads?